Groove Tubes amps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Groove Tubes amps?

Looking at a Groove Tubes STA-1 amp now.. Apparently it cost quite a bit when it was new and some guy is selling it mighty cheap.. Tempting.
    But I have never, ever heard or tried a Groove Tubes head, and info is very hard to come by.

Has anyone here had any experience with them they could share?

I'd be more than thankful

Peace
    "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

I briefly had a Groove Tubes Trio preamp, and that thing was so killer that I have no idea why I sold it. I´m not familiar with their heads, but if it´s in the same league as the Trio I´d suggest you jump on it.

Comment

Thanks Dave (is that your name? I see you live in Sweden)!
      Would you say the Groove Tubes you played was any good for "gainier" playing, or was it more like a clean amp?
      I've noticed very few amps do both equally good.

Comment

Jump on it, especially since it's cheap! I think they're quite well made, I've been keeping an eye out for one and they almost never come up for sale, even in a big US city. I've got a Groove Tubes bass preamp, -it's very-very cool. I'd bet $$ the one you're looking at will sound really good for something.
        I did find this, with 4 preamp tubes it's likely high-gain.
        http://www.groovetubes.com/ampguide/...Groove%20Tubes

-I think I've got relatives in Trondheim, that sounds familiar. I've never been to Norway, but I know I've got lots of family in Hallingdahl and Bergen (forgive my bad spelling).

Comment

i had the stpg 1 and a bandmate had the trio - stpg was an amazing deluxe reverb tone without the reverb - the trio is amazing 3 channel pre but lite on the bass

Comment

I had a Trio preamp and it was pretty cool...more vintage sounding and not extremely high gain.
            A friend had a Solo 75 (I think thats what it was called) and it was a great sounding amp that really had its own think going. Once again, not a gain monster but killer for rock and blues.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbilly View Post
              Jump on it, especially since it's cheap! I think they're quite well made, I've been keeping an eye out for one and they almost never come up for sale, even in a big US city. I've got a Groove Tubes bass preamp, -it's very-very cool. I'd bet $$ the one you're looking at will sound really good for something.
              I did find this, with 4 preamp tubes it's likely high-gain.
              http://www.groovetubes.com/ampguide/...Groove%20Tubes

-I think I've got relatives in Trondheim, that sounds familiar. I've never been to Norway, but I know I've got lots of family in Hallingdahl and Bergen (forgive my bad spelling).
              Cool JimB, let me know if you're coming to Norway sometime, I'm sure we could come up with some mayhem I'm always amazed how proud Americans with Norwegian ancestors are of their legacy - it's really awesome!

Comment

Working...
              X