No announcement yet.

VHT gig review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for the record the amps documentation (50/CL) says about a 40 watt drop when using the tube recto vs silicone
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Scott

Comment

"for the record the amps documentation (50/CL) says about a 40 watt drop when using the tube recto vs silicone"

I'm scratching my head not sure what to say... Not to sound like a ...., ok can you show me where that is? I mean I would love to say I have a 10W amp.

Comment

Thanks for the informative discussion, guys. Regardless of who is right or wrong, I have to give the pwn to akoch for remaining diplomatic throughout the discussion. You took some punches, bro....and never flinched.

Comment

Shut up or I'll kill you Chad.

Akoch - Shawn had a typo, he meant a 40 watt output, or 10 watt drop. 20% output drop, would be close to 100 volts... which is what I guesstimated before putting the fluke meter on my VHT.

Also, put EL84 converters in your amp, Run Tube rectifier and Class A (cathode) bias. Won't quite be 10 watts but pretty close!

Pete

Comment

Oh, OK. Thanks guys! Good discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by akoch View Post
                "for the record the amps documentation (50/CL) says about a 40 watt drop when using the tube recto vs silicone"

I'm scratching my head not sure what to say... Not to sound like a ...., ok can you show me where that is? I mean I would love to say I have a 10W amp.
                its in the pdf files for the amp.....yeah it should have read 40 watt drop in output
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                X