eq question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eq question

I tried to search for the answer to this but had no luck. I have read a lot from you all using a EQ pedal or rack unit to shape your sound better. But I can not find what Rack unit you all are using. When I look online I dont know what I need to be looking for to use in a guitar format. The only thing I know I want is a rack mount duel band EQ. I want it duel so I can run my guitar-eq-pedals-amp on one chan, and put the other chan in the loop on my amp. Thanks for your time.

For the most control with an eq you want it to be a 32 band unit. That's if you're going to mount it in a rack setup. The Behringer dual eq is something you could look in to. The price is cheap enough that if it breaks you can just grab another one. I've had very good luck with these.

You could also try to find one of the old Alesis dual graphics, they only take up one rack space.
    Last edited by AdRock; 01-22-2007, 01:44 AM.
    My Toys:
    '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
    '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
    '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
    '94 Dinky HX in Black
    '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

For the most control and tone sculptinging ability, you want a parametric rack unit. Rane (easy to find), TC Electronics (my fave), even the noisy (yet loved) Furmans are great.

Behringers, sad to say, are tone coffins in any capacity. Been there, returned that...

There have been some serious threads on parametrics that I havetaken part in, you may want to seek them out. There is some exellent info in them, I asure you.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
        For the most control and tone sculptinging ability, you want a parametric rack unit. Rane (easy to find), TC Electronics (my fave), even the noisy (yet loved) Furmans are great.

Behringers, sad to say, are tone coffins in any capacity. Been there, returned that...

There have been some serious threads on parametrics that I havetaken part in, you may want to seek them out. There is some exellent info in them, I asure you.
        +1. A good parametric gives you more tweakability than a graphic ever will.

Pete

Comment

Working...
        X