DigiTech RP250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DigiTech RP250

Thinking of gettin one of these, any thoughts?

I had the old RP -12 for 10 years... loved it. Just bought the BOSS GT-8
    and its a monster! I have no experience with the RP-250, but if you get
    anywhere near $400 then you have to try the GT-8 imo. For under $500
    its features are closer to what $1000.00 should cost you!

Comment

awesome, thanks man

Comment

No experience with anything Digitech since the RP-6 in the 90s. I looked at these newer RPs and thought they looked cheap, I ended up getting a V-amp pro and floorboard of ebay for $250. Now if I could just figure out that floorboard. LOL
        |My CSG gallery|
        (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

I had the RP-50... it wasn't bad. I'm more of a fan of single, analog effects, but I would definatly suggest digitech products if you like digital multi-effect pedals.
          "Better to Die Quickly Fighting on Your Feet
          Than to Live Forever Begging on You Knees."-LoG

R.I.P.
          Dimebag Darrell
          Chuck Schuldiner
          Cliff Burton

Comment

From what i read on the forums.. the Digitechs to get are the GNX 3000
            and 4000. These seem to be the top of the line in Digitech

Comment

I own the RP-200 which is the previous version. It looks like they overhauled the casing and put a new name on it. I've been playing mine for 3 years now it's been really reliable and adequate. I play it nearly an hour each night at home and sometimes at church with no real issues. The built in drum machine sounds mechanical and after using it for a few minutes the sound starts to crackle a bit....but it's an effects pedal not a drum machine I've got mine tweaked on about 30 channels. The pre-programmed channels named after various artists are horrible IMO. For the money it is hard to beat though. I would recommend getting one for the price and enjoying it for several years. I think I'm ready to upgrade now that I've reached the limits of what this thing will do but I would still hang onto it for a spare or backup pedal. The other cool thing I like is being able to just plug in some headphones to the back of it without using an amp. I do a lot of business travel so this is really handy while staying in hotels.

Go for it!
              E = Fb

Comment

I love my RP150
                It was 99 bucks brand new... that was Feb I think... solid value.

Also, it sounds great through the PC for basement noodling (I have a subwoofer though, so keep that in mind).

It's all in the chip... this latest generation AudioDNA2 has 400% of the processing power of the last version. There is a big difference in dynamic range and tonal quality between the two.

Yeah, so the looks aren't that great, but it grows on you in a hurry, and it's very solid.

Upstairs, I plug directly into my Mesa Recto, no effects... so I'm a bit of a tone snob.

Jammin' with my buddies, I can go direct into the board (stereo)... no back-aches hauling that boogie around.

Killer fun and sound quality for less than a C-note if you axe me!
                "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                --floydkramer

Comment

Working...
                X