Digitech bad monkey, any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digitech bad monkey, any good?

I´m in need of a new overdrive pedal to use with my jcm800, and i heard that this is somewhat similar to a tubescreamer, but costs way less.
    So would it be decent or should i get something else? (like a boss sd1 or something, can´t really afford a nice tubescreamer right now).

yep its a great pedal. Go buy one. I love mine. It is in the tube screamer vein but has more EQ options. Great pedal for the price.

Comment

Great, i will probably order one during the next week when i get some money, thanks!

Comment

Its a great pedal. Not much risk in buying it since they are only $40 brand new.

Comment

Can't go wrong with the Bad Monkey. I've got their original DOD version of it... the Juice Box. Excellent pedal!
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Its not bad..you could spend 30-40 bucks on worse easily.
            I have one and I like it. Pretty warm for a chip based and I find it versatile. They go around 25-30 on eBay.. or used too.

Comment

They actually make a very good clean boost! A little less gain than a TS-808 and with the separate "Low" and "High" controls, you can really fine tune the tone.

Comment

Just bought one and it's great, especially for the $$. I like it alot better than the SD-1 it replaced. Can't beat it for the money, go for it!!!

Comment

yup, as all are indicating, great pedal, probably the best value pedal for the money you can buy. I loved mine, but ended up selling it when I got my Vetta.
                  the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

As all others have said, definitely a great pedal (not just for the money either). Here's a Bad Monkey boosting my THD Flexi-50:

http://romero.justpassingthru.net/mp3files/SBT.mp3
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

It's the best overdrive pedal you can buy for 40$ imo.

Comment

Love mine

Comment

Working...
                        X