Finding the right amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding the right amp

Thought I would put this out there. Looking to maybe trade my Peavey Classic 50 for a more metal sounding amp. Some of you may remember helping me try and match up some petals with my 50 to get that Metalica sound. Came close with GE-7 in the loop and Bad Monkey. Thought I was happy with that until I went my friends house who has a really NICE Mesa set up. Now im not looking to spend that type of cash for this is really only a hobby of mine but I do want to have enough power to play with some friends every now and then. So any suggestions on what amp to trade for would be great. Again I have a Peavey Classic 50 in great shape. Only a few months old so I hope it will still fetch me some dough.

Peavey Valveking may suit you & your price range

Comment

How much money do you want to spend?? We could start there.

Comment

Finding the "RIGHT" amp is hard. You must find the one that sounds great for what you do. I learned there is NO DO ALL amps out there unless you get a modeling type and then you give up sound quality(In my Opnion).
        Effects Processors are cool when adding them to an amp that sounds great with it. You can find many of them on the market to add to your exsisting amp and spend alot less then a new amp. But if a new amp is to be had, then bring your favorite guitar with you and start playing them.
        A friend of mine has a Mesa Boogie stack and it kills. He sounds amazing on it. When I went shopping for my last amp, I had that tone in my mind and wanted it for myself. Funny I didn't buy a Mesa Boogie. I tried them all out and didn't find what I wanted.

Good luck there man

Dan

Comment

Working...
        X