OK, so I gotta show off my new cabs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, so I gotta show off my new cabs!

They are in fantastic shape, and sound awesome. I was worried they would be too bright, but they have MORE than enough bottom and mid.

$300 for the pair.

Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Those the ones that were on eBay?

Comment

Sob,sob!!!!!!!! Whimper,cry,sob,cry%$@#......j/k
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Wow..cool.

I haven't seen those cabs in a very long time...they look to be in great shape.

How do they sound with your BV?
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Nice. Glad you dig 'em! I didn't realize they made the 4x12s with a black grill. My 2x12s have the silver and don't look as cool.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

You can always break out the Krylon, Toe!
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

and glue chrome buttons and drop red stuff on em!

cool stack zeegs!

Comment

They actually sound perfect with the BV Bill. I had retired the BV to practice status because I couldn't seem to get enough midrange with the Peavey cab I was using. These things have a nice thick sound to them with tons of bottom and mids, and they suit the BV to a tee. I might be rethinking my live rig.

Comment

Joe, I also found out that the speakers are indeed Eminence. Apparently they still make a replacement although it doesn't have the Jackson logo in the centre dome obviously.

Comment

Awesome! Man those look mean.

Comment

Here's mine...

Silver face with black cones. I cracked it open, and the speakers looked like no-namers (other than the "Jackson" on the front) - 16 ohms.

To be honest, I wasn't too impressed, but for $150, the cabinet alone was more than worth it! Not having cloth over the speakers had really taken a toll on them...

The funny thing was the guy I bought it from was the captain of the UC San Diego ice hockey team...that I had help found 20 years ago! Nice to do some catching up!
                      Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

IVE GOT GREAT NEWS FOR YOU! Ive got $400.00 with YOUR name on it,
                        waiting........WAITING!! :-((( Im sooo Jealous.. Congrats! Anytime
                        you want to make a quick C' note..? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                          Joe, I also found out that the speakers are indeed Eminence. Apparently they still make a replacement although it doesn't have the Jackson logo in the centre dome obviously.
                          Cool. Do you know what exact model number they use?
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

DAMNNNNNN!!!! great score ZEEGS

MOSH ON
                            DAVE
                            "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                              IVE GOT GREAT NEWS FOR YOU! Ive got $400.00 with YOUR name on it,
                              waiting........WAITING!! :-((( Im sooo Jealous.. Congrats! Anytime
                              you want to make a quick C' note..? LOL
                              He had an 8-hour round trip drive to get those cabs, so by the time you figure his labor and gas in $100 markup ain't gonna cut it.

Zeegs, congrats! They look GREAT with your Crate head. Glad to hear you dig the sound as much as the looks, that's what counts after all!
                              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X