No announcement yet.

OK, so I gotta show off my new cabs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How are those speakers in comparison to various celestions..any similarities at all.
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Awesome Zeegs!
      1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        Cool. Do you know what exact model number they use?
        I'm afraid I don't Joe. I was just reading some reviews on Harmony Central, and here is what one guy said:

"50w Eminence speakers (out of production), however Eminence does produce a V12 model that has the same size voice coil and cone that works beautifully as a replacement...only problem is, no Jackson logo on the cone."

and...

"Jackson was very helpful in helping me determine who the original manufacturer of the speakers in that cabinet were."

The guy must be right since he got his info directly from Jackson. I'll bet if you contacted Eminence, they could tell you what model it is.
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
          How are those speakers in comparison to various celestions..any similarities at all.
          I have always raved about my Peavey Butcher cab in the past. It's built like a tank, and I really liked the Celestion G12K85s. However, over the years, I have gotten away from that ultra scooped thrash/death guitar tone, and realized how much better the guitar sounds with midrange.

When I was still using the BV, I was constantly fighting with it to get enough midrange into my sound. Switching to the B52 really helped, and at home I was using the BV with a 2 x 12 cab loaded with V30s. Both sounded much better.

These cabs seem to have way more mid and bass though. I have only tried the BV with them so far, but it's obvious that they have a much warmer, thicker sound to them than either the G12K85s or the V30s. They are definitely not muddy, but they certainly respond better to those frequencies than the Celestions. It might have something to do with the depth of the cabs, or the fact that they are straight cabs and not slanted. Whatever it is, I really can't wait for rehearsal on Saturday, so I can try them out for real with my B52.
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Just makin a joke... didnt know he had that much time into them...if i was
            serious, i would have said $800.00! :-))

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
              I have always raved about my Peavey Butcher cab in the past. It's built like a tank, and I really liked the Celestion G12K85s. However, over the years, I have gotten away from that ultra scooped thrash/death guitar tone, and realized how much better the guitar sounds with midrange.

When I was still using the BV, I was constantly fighting with it to get enough midrange into my sound. Switching to the B52 really helped, and at home I was using the BV with a 2 x 12 cab loaded with V30s. Both sounded much better.

These cabs seem to have way more mid and bass though. I have only tried the BV with them so far, but it's obvious that they have a much warmer, thicker sound to them than either the G12K85s or the V30s. They are definitely not muddy, but they certainly respond better to those frequencies than the Celestions. It might have something to do with the depth of the cabs, or the fact that they are straight cabs and not slanted. Whatever it is, I really can't wait for rehearsal on Saturday, so I can try them out for real with my B52.

I had a peavey straight cab loaded with Celestion 80's, that was a AWESOME sounding cab!!..yes I find the straights cabs to sound chunkier as well..I prefer straights in a full stack..but a slant in a half stack..due to the projection of the speaker and angle of the baffle.

Very glad your diggin' it..enjoy!!
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
              X