Dimarzio pickup question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimarzio pickup question...

Is the cover on a dimarzio solo pro removable? My Strat has aged white covers and I was hoping to just remove the white and use the existing cover on it.

Thanks up front!

I would think it would be since it is just a cover. I think you have to re-pot the pup when you put a new cover on it - otherwise it will be microphonic.

http://http://www.csee.umbc.edu/~evans/potting.htm

Comment

If would think that repotting only applies to humbuckers, not strat pickups with their plastic cover.

Comment

Thanks! I just want all my covers to match and it seems like that won't be a problem.

Comment

Your basically will end up seeing the top of the black bobbin, magnets and the copper coil windings. Is the Solo Pro a stacked single coil? DiMarzio makes extended (longer to cover the depth) covers in all colors you can put on.
          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Yeah, you'll need a longer cover from what I remember.
            Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Yes it does take a longer cover so I'll have to hunt one down.

On the upside the pickup is just what I needed. Very nice fit for what I was looking for out of the pickup.

Comment

Working...
              X