Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Places online that will build you cables?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Places online that will build you cables?

I ordered through Lavacable in December and have so far had the worst experience ever. I asked him to ship via Fedex since the post office has lost some packages of mine recently and he said no problem and that he does it all the time. Lo and behold, he ships them USPS. Luckily, they arrive. HOWEVER, I ordered Right angle to Straight cables and they all had straight connectors on both ends, even though the Paypal receipt specifically specifies in the order. It's not like it was a custom thing, it was an option in the drop down menu on his site! I received those cables within the first few days of January, and after I informed him of the mistake he said he would send out replacements the next day. 7 or 8 business days pass and I email him again asking about the replacements. He says he had to order more cable and he'll ship them tomorrow. That was 11 days ago, and Global Priority mail which is how he ships everything, states delivery between 4-6 days. Nontheless, I am not impressed at all, these were expensive Canare cables and I am stuck with ones I don't want. I'm not going to send them back until I receive the proper ones obviously.

I need to order a few more cables now though, and I haven't come across anywhere else online that will build me cables using whatever cable I choose and with Neutrik connectors and stuff, similar to what the dude does at Lavacable. Anyone know anywhere else so I don't have to deal with this clown anymore?

Wow, I'm surprised to hear that. I've had nothing but great service the two times I've ordered cables there and I only ordered a few of the cheap mogami and george L cables.

Comment

Dude finally admits he didn't send the cables and won't send me new ones until I send the old ones back, even though HE fucked up and not me...Refunded me my money for them though so whatever, I'll send em back and if he fixes 'em and sends 'em back, cool, if not, I didn't lose any money.

Comment

Originally posted by DumpyWumpy View Post
        I ordered through Lavacable in December and have so far had the worst experience ever. I asked him to ship via Fedex since the post office has lost some packages of mine recently and he said no problem and that he does it all the time. Lo and behold, he ships them USPS. Luckily, they arrive. HOWEVER, I ordered Right angle to Straight cables and they all had straight connectors on both ends, even though the Paypal receipt specifically specifies in the order. It's not like it was a custom thing, it was an option in the drop down menu on his site! I received those cables within the first few days of January, and after I informed him of the mistake he said he would send out replacements the next day. 7 or 8 business days pass and I email him again asking about the replacements. He says he had to order more cable and he'll ship them tomorrow. That was 11 days ago, and Global Priority mail which is how he ships everything, states delivery between 4-6 days. Nontheless, I am not impressed at all, these were expensive Canare cables and I am stuck with ones I don't want. I'm not going to send them back until I receive the proper ones obviously.

I need to order a few more cables now though, and I haven't come across anywhere else online that will build me cables using whatever cable I choose and with Neutrik connectors and stuff, similar to what the dude does at Lavacable. Anyone know anywhere else so I don't have to deal with this clown anymore?
        Hey dude pm me I build my own cables maybe I cna help.. I use Mogami cable and neutrik connectors and can build and length or stlye

Comment

Yikes! I just ordered an Evidence Audio Melody from him. I hope there won't be a problem...

Comment

DumpyWumpy - post your experience on the Huge Racks board - he is there a lot - http://www.hugeracksinc.com/board
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan View Post
              Yikes! I just ordered an Evidence Audio Melody from him. I hope there won't be a problem...
              I wouldn't be too worried about it, I've never heard of anyone else having problems, just sucks for me haha...It seems like it was all an honest mistake aside from lying about shipping out replacements, but we'll see where it goes I guess...

Comment

www.redco.com makes cables
                ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

Working...
                X