Soldano SLO, price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soldano SLO, price

I've got an offer to buy a Soldano SLO in perfect working condition but from 1991. 16 years old.

They want $1800 for it. Is that reasonable, a deal? Honestly, I wasn't looking to buy right now, but I'm wondering if this deal is TOO good.

seems to be at about average. I've seen them go anywhere from 1600 to 2200, the latter ones having all the possible mods etc.

Comment

That's a good deal. Regarding the mods, most of them are pretty simple and not a big deal to have a tech do or do yourself. Even the depth mod is simple, if you don't mind putting another hole in the chassis.

Pete

Comment

That's a good price. I believe the warranty on SLO is transferrable too.
        1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

That is a realy good price, slo's are going up on ebay to around the 2000 range for basic to 2600 with all the mod's.

Yes the warrenty is transferrible for the life of the amp.

Comment

I'd say go for it. Very nice price. If it is in nice shape I would do it. You could flip it at that price and not loose anything. Might even make a few $$$.

Comment

my friend sold one for 3000.00 on ebay two weeks ago.
              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Ahhh '91 was a great year for SLO amps! Especially of the snakeskin variety.

Buy it and don't look back!
                www.sandimascharvel.com

Comment

Buy it! You will never regret it. THat sounds like a great price. I know I will never part with my SLO100!

Comment

I went ahead and did it. It has the depth mod, it is a snakeskin, and is in good shape except for a tear/gouge on top of the tolex.

Now I'm looking for a new cab. I usually play a Vetta with Avatar Cabs (V30s) and a Fender Twin Reverb.

What goes with a SLO. SLO cabs? They don't seem out of this world pricewise. $400 or so.

Comment

I will be in the minority but after trying a ton of cabs I settled on Marshall cabinets with 25W Greenbacks. They break up quickly, give that awesome woody tone. Not the best for crystal cleans but that is not why you buy an SLO.

Congratulations!
                      www.sandimascharvel.com

Comment

I just put Eminence GB128's into my Marshall 1960A cab to replace the G12-T75's I've always used. Wow,,,what a difference. I would avoid the G12-T75's.....a bit harsh. These GB 128's are the Eminence version of the Celestion Greenback. I talked to Mike Soldano on the phone (he answers a lot!) and he steered me in the Eminence direction, and I was really disappointed in the Celestion move to Chinese production......and I'm very, very happy with these speakers. Really warm, woody, and toneful. I was in love with my SLO through the other speakers, and now I'm blown away all over again. Good luck with the amp.....it's world class!

Comment

You are a lynch fan, i can see why you would love them, he always used greenbacks and the 30 watters in his cabs. He did have great tone!

Originally posted by lynchfan6 View Post
                          I just put Eminence GB128's into my Marshall 1960A cab to replace the G12-T75's I've always used. Wow,,,what a difference. I would avoid the G12-T75's.....a bit harsh. These GB 128's are the Eminence version of the Celestion Greenback. I talked to Mike Soldano on the phone (he answers a lot!) and he steered me in the Eminence direction, and I was really disappointed in the Celestion move to Chinese production......and I'm very, very happy with these speakers. Really warm, woody, and toneful. I was in love with my SLO through the other speakers, and now I'm blown away all over again. Good luck with the amp.....it's world class!

Comment

Originally posted by siggy14 View Post
                            You are a lynch fan, i can see why you would love them, he always used greenbacks and the 30 watters in his cabs. He did have great tone!

No higher praise can be given a guitarist than to compliment the acuity
                            and taste of his hearing

Son Of Spy
                            1976 Gibson Mk53
                            1988 Charvel Model 3
                            1993 Jackson Dinky Reverse (DR5)

Questions are a burden to others; answers are a prison for oneself.

Comment

OK, the SLO is a'comin' soon. I talked to previous owner who had some retubing done about 9 months ago. He put some mullard groovetubes 12AX7M in the preamp, some mesas in the second, and I believe (if I can remember) ruby 12AX7As.

I guess I'm wondering what tubes you've had experience with, and also what kind of effects you use (i.e. what kind of effects does the SLO tend to work well with?)?

Finally, anyone care to reveal your settings, how you have it dialed in?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X