No announcement yet.

Reasonable amp for $500?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recently sold my Spider II 212 150w. I was searching for that true-to-life metal tone, and only the Marshall could deliver.
    Plus the Line 6 sounds really crappy if you use pedals.

You can pick up a really nice used Marshall Valvestate combo or head and cab for WAY less than $500.

Comment

Originally posted by Robotechnology View Post
      Actually consider me a staunch opposer of Spider's & Spider II's but, a convert on the Spider III's. Line 6 has a winner on their hands with the new series..

+1, I just bought a Spider lll 2x10 combo, for playing at home I think its the best amp out there for the money............
      "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

Look for a used Mesa Boogie DC-5 , 2 channels, 50 watts of 6l6, EQ, nice clean, sweet reverb, silky lead tone. They come in heads or combos Doesnt matter if band or bedroom with that amp, plenty of power to melt the roof off and also sound nice at lower volume levels..

I bought this one few years back on eBat for $550 or so. best bang fo the buck of any amp I've ever owned and I have a few

shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by atilla View Post
          Back in the early 80s, Laney used to make these 30-watt combos with a pair of 6V6 tubes. Could be a good ticket, probably not a dime more than $400. My friend also found a Marshall JCM-600 60-watt combo for about $350.
          Laney also made an AOR 50 Combo, which I unfortunately have (too heavy ). Laneys can be had dirt cheap - paid $200 for mine.

Comment

Yup, that's the one I'm talking about. I'd imagine that'd be a good amp for him.

Atilla mentioned the 30 watt-er. Check out this Evilbay auction for one: 290080012754
            Last edited by Racerx2k; 02-04-2007, 08:54 PM.
            I'm not Ron!

Comment

Working...
            X