Zoom Tri-Metal Pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zoom Tri-Metal Pedal

Hey guys, I can get a nice one for $65. What kinda tone and quality are these? Is it better than the MT-2? It doesn`t come with a power supply. Jack.

My other guitar player has one. He doesn't use it. I don't know if that tells you anything. He raved about it when he first got it, but now it sits in the box of forgotten toys.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Yuck... Zoom distortion is aweful (unless you are using it for low level bedroom jamming)
      I am not a fan.

Comment

I can't speak for the Tri-Metal, but I ordered a Zoom Hyper Lead a couple of years ago (nobody had one locally, of course ). Anyway, within about 10 minutes I decided that it was going back. My combination of the Metal Zone and GE-7 EQ just trampled all over it in tone, feel, response, warmth, you name it. This is across a Marshall JCM-800 2210.
        Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

I've heard Zoom stuff is decent for the cash, but they aren't built very well. Plus they tend to be kind of fake sounding. You can find boss Hypers Metals used for slightly less than that, and they ROCK.

Comment

Thanks fellas Are the Hyper Metals better than the MT-2(already using this one)? Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer View Post
              Thanks fellas Are the Hyper Metals better than the MT-2(already using this one)? Jack.

Jack, you already have the best pedal. The Extreme 3. I doubt you will find anything better.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer View Post
                IMHO, I prefer them. They seem more versatile just sound better to me.

Jack, you already have the best pedal. The Extreme 3. I doubt you will find anything better.
                Whats the Extreme 3?

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                  John, I didn`t buy one yet, but am planning on it in the near future. I know I have one of the best clean channels to run it through on my Carvin X100B head Thanks-Jack.

Comment

John, have you ever heard the Metalizer from the same company? They don`t have sound clips for either of these, but they do for some. Jack.

Comment

go to the amt electronics website, they have clips for everything.
                      "Better to Die Quickly Fighting on Your Feet
                      Than to Live Forever Begging on You Knees."-LoG

R.I.P.
                      Dimebag Darrell
                      Chuck Schuldiner
                      Cliff Burton

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
                        IMHO, I prefer them. They seem more versatile just sound better to me.

Whats the Extreme 3?
                        AMT Extreme III. I've got one. Awesome pedal... like a Recto in a box!

I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I have a Tri-Metal....it's okay, but nowhere near their holy grail (IMO) pedal....the Zoom 5000....I love it so much I bought 3.

Comment

The other guitarist in my band bought one of those Zooms a few years back, for like thirty bucks out of a store that was closing down. I think it was the Hyper Lead, the one that´s kind of champagne-ish in color. Anyway, we agreed it sounded pretty good but it ended up in the closet somewhere along the line.

Comment

Working...
                            X