My Rivera rack:)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Rivera rack:)

Finally.. I got a matching Rivera head to my cab.. May not seem like it but I'm up in the sky right now.. I never thought I'd get a Rivera head..
    Then one day I get a mail, the guy sais he's got one Rivera head too many and he wants to try out something different. I say sure, I've got a Mesa Quad and a poweramp, check it out if your interested.

Next thing I know, the guy's in his car, driving across half the country with the Rivera in the back of his car. Yesterday he arrived and plugged his guitar into my Quad. A few moments later he says cool, I'll take it.
    WAY COOL. I helped him carry the Mesa preamp and poweramp to his car,
    he drove off.. And I am now the proud owner of a Rivera M-100 head:-)

So here's a few pics of the head and my current set-up, for anyone interested.

As usual, all comments are welcome. Rock on!
    "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

killer rig!!! i have lived by my rivera's since 1990!!! they are great amps that are VERY under-rated. excellent build quality, and awesome tone!! congrats!!!

i have an s120 and an m100. the cabs sound MASSIVE for 1x12 and 2x10 cabs. they are open back and my tone FILLS the room.

GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Sweet. Riveras rock!!
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Another Rivera guy signing in! I´ve got a TBR1 from 1987 and a late nineties Knucklehead 55, and I couldn´t be happier with them. Here´s a little pic of my KH, I really like the vintage styling.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...ark/Rivera.jpg

Comment

These amps were built to rock! Look at the construction; Riveras are so solid they'll still be around for our grandchildren to play around with!
          Blast from the past..

I read somewhere that, apparently Skid Row used Riveras on their first two albums? Is that true, or more like a rumour? Are there any other guitarists/bands known for using Riveras?
          Last edited by Guitardude86; 02-06-2007, 03:59 AM. Reason: Seplling msitkae

Comment

Well, I first found out about Rivera because Steve Lukather and Jay Graydon had their own models; the Bonehead and the Rake, respectively. Besides these two I don´t really know of anyone "big" having close affiliation (via some kind of public endorsement, that is) with Rivera. At some time or another I think Mick Mars, John Sykes and the already mentioned boys from SKid Row has played them, however... along with a barrage of Nashville- and session players.

I still slap myself upside the head for not jumping on a veeery pretty Rake head with matching 2x12 a few years back, but in all fairness I think my TBR1 is a pretty similar animal.

Comment

skid row used them on slave to the grind, the album and tour. rudolph schenker used rivera for a while, in the late 80's/early 90's. saigon kick were the biggest rivera users to me.

les dudek was/is a rivera player. i saw him once and the guitar was SO loud. it sounded killer, but loud....
              GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Another Rivera user here.
                Excellent amps and great people to deal with for sure.
                Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Yeah, the people at Rivera are great... it´s just too bad they don´t have time to have a public e-mail nowadays. It always feels weird to call internationally to ask something, so when I´ve not been in a rush I´ve relayed stuff thru the very helpful swedish distributors.

Comment

riveras are very loud amps, usually their clean sounds are killer too.
                    Mick Mars has used them for years with his other amps.
                    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Yeah, loudness is definitely something to factor in when considering one of these. I´ve had my fair share of high-power tube amps, but the Riveras are simply punishing... probably partly due to the extraordinary amount of volume they need to really start singing. I can´t imagine trying to use one of these at home, and pretty much everything I´ve had has sounded better at bedroom levels. The Riveras are the best I´ve had where it counts, though... full band volume!

Comment

That's one of the reasons I got it - volume! I'm desperately trying to assemble a band now so there will definitely be some loud-ass playing going on
                        I've been sitting quietly in the cellar practicing at bedroom levels for years now - this has to come to an end!

Comment

Which poweramp did you run the Quad with? I´m thinking you probably had gigging power there as well?

Comment

A Mesa 20/20.

Comment

Ah, OK... well, then you´ll have alot more power now! A 20/20 could have done the trick as well, I suppose, but I´ve heard people complaining about the lack of sheer volume they have.

Comment

Working...
                              X