No announcement yet.

My Rivera rack:)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i use an m100 combo in my living room for my "practice" amp. i LOVE it!!!! balls to the wall volume!!!! seriously, i have no problem drowning out my band (not that i try to) with my s120 on 4.

usually i run the amp in triode/half power mode to cut the wattage down to around 15 watts on the output. it lets the amp sing more at a more reasonable volume. it is still plenty loud, just the power tubes work harder much quicker in that mode.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

i got rid of my knucklehead reverb because of that. the m/s pro amps are loud, but the KH reverbs are INSANELY loud. i can't see needing that much volume ANYWHERE.

my band usually plays 500-1000 seat theaters and my stage volume (using an s120 and an m100) is the masters on 4-5, and that gives me hair raising, air moving euphoria. the KH reverb was un-usable for me....
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

Comment

markD, do you have a video or soundclip of your playing somewhere?
        It would be very cool seeing or hearing another Rivera player in action

EDIT: Of course I'm equally curious about you other guys too
        Last edited by Guitardude86; 02-06-2007, 10:05 AM.
        "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

I hear you, Mark... I use a Powerbrake even in live situations. I´d really like mine to have half-power switching and what not, since I guess that´d help them reach the zone a bit quicker, but I can´t complain since they sound sooo good.

Comment

let me see what i can do....

i have video, but let me see if i can get it small enough to post it. i am at work now, so i will work on it tonight...
            GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

dave, yeah it is a shame that the older KH amps didn't have all the "extra" features of the m/s amps, but they do sound good!!!! i used to have an R55 that i used as a practice amp and it was SO much easier to coax a good sound out of it compared to the m100. plus it weighed A LOT less!! my m100 combo with an EVM12L speaker weighs over 100lbs!!!! i HATE moving it. i am glad i have the 2 heads and small cabs for playing live.

it is funny because guys will laugh at my "small" cabinets and think that my sound will be wimpy and weak because i am not playing through a 4x12. then when the band starts, the jaws drop and i get all these other guitarists questioning me about my rig after a show. i always have to laugh!!!!
              GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Yeah, I´ve also done some serious downsizing of my live rig... I´m down to the KH55 and a Marshall 1936 with Vintage 30´s now, plus a G-Major. The TBR1 in a roadworthy rack, with a few rackunits in there as well, must´ve weighed 90 lbs... the TBR1 itself gotta be around 50. It was a hassle just getting the rack out to the van, and I ran it with a 1960 too. I sound just as good now as I did then, so I´ll keep the small rig for the gigs.

Comment

Wow.. I wish I could find a dedicated Rivera forum, seems like Rivera-users can't stop raving about them!

Comment

there used to be one, but it kinda sucked. it was hard to navigate and was filled with redundant questions....
                    GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Someone needs to do something about that. The Rivera website just isn't good enough. A forum is needed.

Comment

The most helpful Rivera site I found so far is Richard's Rivera Amplifier Page.
                        Seems like a good page for Rivera-noobs like me

http://bellsouthpwp.net/r/i/ricjohns/Richard's%20Rivera%20Amplifier%20Page.htm

Comment

Isn´t there still a Yahoo-forum of some sort? I remember trying to register a while back, but something didn´t work out.

EDIT: The proprietor of that Rivera page above is a very helpful guy, he helped me out with putting together a great tube combination.

Comment

Originally posted by Guitardude86 View Post
                            These amps were built to rock! Look at the construction; Riveras are so solid they'll still be around for our grandchildren to play around with!
                            Blast from the past..

I read somewhere that, apparently Skid Row used Riveras on their first two albums? Is that true, or more like a rumour? Are there any other guitarists/bands known for using Riveras?
                            jim root is playing a k trey knuckle head and i read that they were making a sig head for him.mick thomson plays knuckle heads.i would love a k trey[not because of slipknot]but i cant find any places here where i am who deals with them
                            my kids go without food so i can collect guitars

Comment

oh yeah....forgot about the slipknot guys....

my local rivera dealer has a K tre, but i haven't tried it. i should have. i was just there last night....
                              GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                                let me see what i can do....

i have video, but let me see if i can get it small enough to post it. i am at work now, so i will work on it tonight...
                                You know I'll hold you to that, right? Would be so cool if you could get something posted

Comment

Working...
                                X