No announcement yet.

My Rivera rack:)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah....i will see. maybe a live clip from one of my shows or something.....

what is a good video format?
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
      yeah....i will see. maybe a live clip from one of my shows or something.....

what is a good video format?
      Hmm, I dunno.. As long as the audio is umm.. Audible I'm ok with it
      "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Cool amp...I have a K-Tre, and I am pretty happy with it. Its definitely one LOUD-ass amp! I've never played another Rivera, so I have no basis for comparison, but this thing is a hell of an amp.

Comment

Originally posted by Guitardude86 View Post
          You know I'll hold you to that, right? Would be so cool if you could get something posted
          and here you go!!

http://s149.photobucket.com/albums/s...haviewlive.flv

this is a full length song recorded during one of my band's recent shows. the sound is from the PA into the camcorder's mic...basically the sound from the house system.

if you don't wanna hear the whole song, FF to 2:02 and you will hear the lead section.

that night i was using:

my holoflake SL-1 (with the stock pickups) => MXR/EVH phase 90 => VOX wah => rivera S120 driving a pair of rivera C112 cabs and a C210 cab. the cab that was mic'd was a C112 loaded with an EVM12L speaker. it ws mic'd in the center of the cone with an SM-57.

it appears that the video/audio got a little out of sync on the upload, but the audio quality seems decent.

i hope you enjoy. we weren't having the best night, but it is the most recent video i had.
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

Comment

I´ll check the vid out when I get home. Once I get settled in our new rehearsal space I´ll make a few clips as well.

Comment

Looks like a killer amp man, GRATULERER!!
              My bands page: www.myspace.com/wartexmetal

Comment

Takker og bukker Morten
                Mark, wow, what a cool show! Your guitarplaying rang out loud and clear, I wonder if your singer was struggling a little to hear herself over the guitaramp..? Anyway, that seemed like a cool night for sure!
                Was that just the Rivera without any boost- or drive-box in front? What a beast! Oh, and did I hear some Tony Iommi influences in your solo?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave L View Post
                  I´ll check the vid out when I get home. Once I get settled in our new rehearsal space I´ll make a few clips as well.
                  That would be very cool if you could do that Dave my man!

Comment

I just remembered that we had a buddy film a bit of a show we did last summer... we never actually came around to watch it, but I´ll have him dig it up and then I´ll see if there´s anything worth posting. I have no idea of the quality. I remember I used my TBR1 boosted with a Visual Sound Route 66 thru a supplied Marshall JCM900 cab, and I was also experimenting with running dry, no effects, at the time... so the only FX on there should be the reverb on the TBR1.

Comment

Originally posted by Guitardude86 View Post
                      Takker og bukker Morten
                      Mark, wow, what a cool show! Your guitarplaying rang out loud and clear, I wonder if your singer was struggling a little to hear herself over the guitaramp..? Anyway, that seemed like a cool night for sure!
                      Was that just the Rivera without any boost- or drive-box in front? What a beast! Oh, and did I hear some Tony Iommi influences in your solo?
                      thanks!! she was having a hard time. our monitor mix was awful. that was the amp with NO boost of any sort. just the phase 90 and the wah in front. yeah, there is a little iommi there....i am pretty much a pentatonic player. no shredding from me!!!
                      GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Great looking rig! That cab looks like it puts out some serious low end with the ports and all. A Rivera is definitely on my "amps to acquire" list. Congrats!
                        Cheers!

Comment

Thanks a bunch

Comment

Hey, a question for y'all.. I picked up Skid Row's "Slave To The Grind" yesterday - that's some seriously good stuff! A lot heavier, angrier and less "glam-like" (if there is such a word) than the first album.
                            Very cool Rivera's where being used by one of their guitarists!

Anyway hmm.. I'm curious about pedals, you know boost/overdrive, that kind of thing.. I definitely luuuv my Rivera, but I really want to try to push it "over the top" without blowing my brains out by cranking the volume.. The fugger's LOUD..! Are there any pedals I could try out that would help me accomplish this? Seems to me like almost every major guitarist in the 80's used some sort of pedal in front of their rig..

Comment

Well, for my TBR1 I´ve used a Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive or a Visual Sound Route 66 for the last year or so... I like boosting with stuff from the Tubescreamer-ish side of things. Before these two I used a TS9.

Comment

i have used a couple of things, but nothing lately....

i like the boss hyper fuzz set to clean boost, the mxr micro amp, the sparkle drive....
                                GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Working...
                                X