No announcement yet.

My Rivera rack:)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool.. I don't want a pedal that does just does its own thing and completely screws the Rivera over.. If I was looking for that I would never have gotten a Rivera in the first place would I..
    "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Originally posted by Guitardude86 View Post
      Hey, a question for y'all.. I picked up Skid Row's "Slave To The Grind" yesterday - that's some seriously good stuff! A lot heavier, angrier and less "glam-like" (if there is such a word) than the first album.
      my question is...if you listen to the song "The Threat" and focus on the last 10 seconds where Baz does the amazing "rising-falling-scream" without any pauses/breaks/breathing.....how many people can nail that shit
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Haha yeah, I know what you mean.. It's like you'd expect him to spit out his lungs or something.. What a grinder..

Comment

Cool.. I don't want a pedal that does just does its own thing and completely screws the Rivera over.. If I was looking for that I would never have gotten a Rivera in the first place would I..
          You might also want to look into the myriad of clean/fullrange boosts out there. I´m a bit intrigued by the new CAE/MXR collaboration myself.

Comment

Hmm actually I was wondering about this one.. A guy I know is selling one. Any good perhaps?

"The Blackstar produces its distortion through cascaded gain stages, much like a tube amp. Each stage is a little different. The first stage uses a mosfet. The two following stages use hand picked jfets. Jfets are known for producing even harmonics when overdriven, much like tubes in guitar amps."

That captured my attention.. Got me thinking of Tony Iommis signature Laney head. It's got 5 gain stages. Sounds kinda cool this thingy..
            Last edited by Guitardude86; 02-13-2007, 10:46 AM.

Comment

your rivera should have 5 gain stages too....
              GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Haha now that you mention it..

Comment

Fuck ya Rivera rule!! Had mine a cpl years now and love! Though I can't wait to get a K Tre! Here's a pic of mine!

I love admins!

Comment

I say DAMN! That's one hell of a setup you've got there! What kind of music do you play?

Comment

I say DAMN! That's one hell of a setup you've got there! What kind of music do you play?
                      Thanks! Mostly thrash type stuff, but the my bass player has a heavy punk influence! And my drummer could do just about anything! We're a good mix!
                      I love admins!

Comment

That sounds like something I'd like to hear! Let me know if you've got a soundclip or video or something to check out!
                        Funny, I read a book today and I found out that; Thrash + punk + speed = Napalm Death Do you like grindcore?

Comment

That sounds like something I'd like to hear! Let me know if you've got a soundclip or video or something to check out!
                          Funny, I read a book today and I found out that; Thrash + punk + speed = Napalm Death Do you like grindcore?
                          Sorry no sound clips yet! We hope to record this spring though! Ya I like Grindage! If it's done right, with taste know what I mean! To play fast for the sake of playing fast without any substance isn't for me! Though I love to play fast! I'm a huge fan of Burning Inside! They know how to do it right!!
                          I love admins!

Comment

Hehe cool! I read that one of the reasons Napalm Death got so fast is that when they started out they wanted to be fast, like Discharge.. Then they'd play at the same place some nights, and Napalm Deaths drummer wanted to be faster than Discharges drummer, but Discharge's drummer didn't wanna get beaten on drums, so as the evening went on it got faster and faster.. I'd love to see one of those shows

Comment

I just added a KR55 with head master to my Chris Duarte model. Riveras rule.

Comment

Dude, that is so bad-ass!

Comment

Working...
                                X