Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing a reverb tank?

hey folks,
    Gots a quick question: I've been using a combo lately to cut down on lugging a lot of gear around. I like the onboard reverb, but there's not enough of it. Is it possible to swap out the stock onboard reverb tank for some other brand/model to get "more' reverb? I know I can always use a pedal, etc, but this came up in a conversation this weekend and nobody really knew the answer.

you can go from a short tank to a long tank. it may give you more, but it may also feedback at "drenched" settings? look for a long accutronics pan. the more springs, the more reverb. assuming you are still doing surf, look for an old twin reverb tank or something similar. that is usually a 7" tank....
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

You have to be careful on the impedence as well. A longer tank with a different impedence than a short tank may not sound as big as the small tank. Just something to consider when looking for another tank.

-J

Comment

Working...
      X