Boss DD-20 and the BBE Green Crusher.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss DD-20 and the BBE Green Crusher.

I picked up both these pedals today as I'm shying away from the Boss GT8.

The BBE Green Crusher allowed me to get some classic rock tones out of my clean channel. very cool. The pedal is very lets say organic. Very natural sounding. I'm very Impressed with it's ability not to change my amp or guitar tone. When I turn it on, it like just adds to whats already there. I felt so good about that as I'm stain'd with the GT 8 altering my tone every way but Sunday.Maybe even that 2. Anyway I also tried it in front of my drive channel. I was able to add a bit of crunch to the monster of crunch I already got. But whats cool about is I can alter my tone with a stomp. Turn it on and get this ans turn it off and get my orignal tone right back. I also set it up so it doesn't boost. The DB level is exaclty the same on or off. Boosting is cool if you want it to do that and it will very well but I was just looking for different.

The Boss DD-20 Gigadelay is flat out awesome. It has 4 settings I can save/program in delay settings and recall them. I love it. The sound also didn't seem to effect my tone. It lives in my effects loop with a Boss Chorus and a BBE sonic Maximizer. I listened to it with out it and with it. If it is changing the tone, it's so slight that I can't really tell by switching it in and out. It's so little and un noticeable. Nothing like the damn GT 8. This DD-20 is perfect for what I do. I add delay in when I need it and remove it when I don't. Simple and true. No volume increase or decrease when on or off. Another cool thing.

Whats cool about owning the Boss GT 8 is I didn't have to read the owners manual to learn how to program it. The DD-20 is laid out almost exaclty like the GT 8 in terms of set up it took me about 20 seconds to set up 2 different delay settings. Awesome. Just what the Doctor ordered.

I'm slowly getting back to having pedals again which is what I wanted to get away from. Unless you buy a killer rack mount effects, I don't see a floor processor being what I want. I guess I can be cool with that.

Dan

The DD20 is a nice delay. I never heard a BBE Green Crusher before.

The nice thing about the GT6/8 is that they really do teach you about Boss pedals.
    I am really digging my XT Live /Variax rig. Especially the XTL. Its not very user friendly in regards to programming but it sounds great.

Comment

If you're using a JSX, that GT8 would probably be damn near perfect with it. Just fyi.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
        The DD20 is a nice delay. I never heard a BBE Green Crusher before.

The nice thing about the GT6/8 is that they really do teach you about Boss pedals.
        I am really digging my XT Live /Variax rig. Especially the XTL. Its not very user friendly in regards to programming but it sounds great.

I'm not sure if your into OD pedals but this one is very well built and sounds fantastic. When you turn it off, you can't tell the difference between a straight cable and it inline with 2 cables.

Yeah man the Boss GT 8 is a great learning tool.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps View Post
          If you're using a JSX, that GT8 would probably be damn near perfect with it. Just fyi.

Pete
          I see myself with the JSX in the near future so I plan on holding on to the GT 8 just for that reason. I was going to sell it but maybe it just don't work well with my amp. If it works great with the JSx, that will make be completely happy. That would make my day, week even year my man. I'm telling yeah the GT 8 is fantastic with what I can do with it. I even thought of picking up a used JC120 just to hear that as I believe thats probably the right amp to use with it. I bet theres a magic between them.

Thanks Pete,

Dan

Comment

Working...
          X