Tech 21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tech 21

I just got a Tech 21 Trademark 10 and it's the best practice amp I've ever played through. Been playing it more than my Carvin VM 100 (I'm sure that won't last too long though). Anyone play through the head units or have heard how they sound?

I haven't played through a head, but I'm a Tech 21 fan, and I've had several Tech 21 products: Trademark 10, Trademark 30LE, Trademark 60 and GT2. IMO, the Trademark 10 is the best of the bunch (and it's the only one I still have). (BTW, the TM60 is a totally different animal from the other 3 listed above - way less aggressive).

FWIW, I have heard that the TM300 head essentially marries 3 TM10s to a power amp, so it should sound like a TM10. Whether it actually does or not, I don't know.

Comment

I've got a TM300 head... love the sound of it! It's got two effects loops (one series, one parallel), but it doesn't play too well with effects pedals. The loops are made for line level rack gear and not instrument level pedals, so a little distortion gets introduced to my clean sound whenever I use it. I guess I could always get an Ebtech line level shifter to solve that problem... or maybe get some rack gear. LOL
      Besides that, I wish it had a little more gain, but it takes to OD pedals very well. I've also got the Tri-A.C. pedal, which is very similar to the TM300 without an effects loop (though, the frequency spectrum is just a tiny bit different according to the manuals). I've also got their American Woman OD pedal. Tech 21 makes great sounding gear.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

They're really nice people, too. I have spoken with them, and they have been helpful and knowledgeable. You can call and actually reach people who know about the gear. Very nice experience, overall. Check out the sound clips on their web site.

Comment

Nice folks at Tech 21. I've spoken with them several times and they know their stuff. I love my PSA-1. Congrats on the amp
          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Good stuff. I'll look around for one of the TM300's.

Comment

Working...
            X