Suhr Badger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suhr Badger

This is a pretty freaking sick little amp...the clips are amazing, this is a low watt / recording / home playing dream rig....

Admittedly, I'm a bigger sucker for cool amps lately than guitars, but that could change in an hour or so...

Steve Stevens clip:
    http://www.online-discussion.com/Gut...adger_Demo.mp3

Pete Thorn demo:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBUxUB-6qjw

Badger demo at Tone Merchants:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO-0KlwuYuY

Good shit, Maynard

Steve E

Let me know if you want one, I'll hook you up on the price!

Matt
    Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Originally posted by mattsmusiccenter View Post
      Let me know if you want one, I'll hook you up on the price!

Matt
      Uh, thanks, I think

My Aiken and my Cameron are killer, but this little sucker would fit right in.

I'll be in touch Matt.

Steve E

Comment

I wonder if that amp sounds that good in person. The clips sound great but I do detect a fair amount of mixing and outboard processing on them.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
          I wonder if that amp sounds that good in person. The clips sound great but I do detect a fair amount of mixing and outboard processing on them.
          Well, here's Steve Stevens comments about the clip"

"This amp is so easy to record that all that was required really was to program some drums and a quick bass track. Guitars used were my white Les Paul Standard with my Bareknuckles Rebel Yell pickups with the end part featuring a Gibson Console slide guitar. Mics were Royer ribbon & Shure 57. No eq was used...honestly NONE. The audio file was then mastered in Logic Waveburner...nothing drastic. The Badger is plain and simple a recording guitarist's dream."

I agree there was some processing going on - the tone is HUGE and wassimply a 1x12 cab close miced.

The other two clips / vids were pretty straight forward - no processing there.

Steve E

Comment

Originally posted by speed monkey View Post
            Well, here's Steve Stevens comments about the clip"

"This amp is so easy to record that all that was required really was to program some drums and a quick bass track. Guitars used were my white Les Paul Standard with my Bareknuckles Rebel Yell pickups with the end part featuring a Gibson Console slide guitar. Mics were Royer ribbon & Shure 57. No eq was used...honestly NONE. The audio file was then mastered in Logic Waveburner...nothing drastic. The Badger is plain and simple a recording guitarist's dream."

I agree there was some processing going on - the tone is HUGE and wassimply a 1x12 cab close miced.

The other two clips / vids were pretty straight forward - no processing there.

Steve E

The audio file was then mastered in Logic Waveburner...nothing drastic.

This tells ms that there was outboard processing done.. "nothing drastic" but it still isn't a straight into the board-into the computer- out to the sound clip.

Comment

Shots of the head, tone setup for Stevens clip and the cab he used...

The cab is loaded with a Celestion Gold.

Steve E

Comment

Working...
              X