Wireless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless

OK guys, I am looking to buy a good wireless system for my guitar, trying to stay under $700. I want something rugged with good clear tone. Shure seems to be everyones choice, but looks like all there transmitter packs are plastic. Any of you guys using something better, or give me opinions etc..

PS shure's website sucks ass!

Hmm, pretty SURE there are plenty of threads on this and at that price range you're going with Sennheiser, which use metal for their packs in that price point.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I just bought one of these - metal chassis on the reciever and the pack. Uses 2AA batteries, very nice sound.

Get the guaranteed best price on Solid Body Electric Guitars like the Gibson SG Special II EMG Electric Guitar at Musician's Friend. Get a low price and free shipping on thousands of items.

Pete

Comment

Yeah ... the pack has a metal chassis but isn't the battery cover plastic?

Comment

Go to Daveweiner.com he has 2 of his for sale.Xwire units. Im sure they are top of the line as he is Vais guitar player.He wants $400 each
          Last edited by yard dawg; 02-11-2007, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sukisyn View Post
            Yeah ... the pack has a metal chassis but isn't the battery cover plastic?
            True. However, it's just the battery cover. Thing is still really tough. If you need something stronger, you might want to treat your gear a little better.

Pete

Comment

I have a Sennheiser Digital 100 series wireless I am selling for $200 + shipping if your interested.

Comment

Sennheiser G2 units!

Love mine and would recommend it to anyone, anytime, anywhere.
                I've had it for about 4 years and NEVER had a problem with it, plus it uses 2 AAs instead of 9 volts which gives you more lifetime.

Comment

My brother and I both use Peavey ProComm UHF units in our band. They are plastic like just about everything else, but have really worked out well for us. Not sure that they are any better (or worse) than any other UHF wireless on the market, but since Peavey doesn't get mentioned much for some of their lesser-known products, I just wanted to throw that into the mix.
                  sigpic

Comment

i use the sennhieser ew172 but mine is a G1 and its all metal.
                    what i like most, (besides the fact that it too survived the flood) is that on one of there websites has a list of all the TV stations broadcast frequencies per state. so that if you are touring, you can find an open channel that works best for that area. pretty sweet.
                    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Originally posted by danhops View Post
                      I have a Sennheiser Digital 100 series wireless I am selling for $200 + shipping if your interested.
                      I have one of these - they kick ass. Battery life is they only issue. Supposedly, they are an X-wire in a smaller box.
                      Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Has anyone checked out the X2?

Looks promising. From what I've heard one of the folks behind the technology worked on the XWire.
                        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I have a D1000 as well and I agree, the battery life is about 4 hours.

Mine has done a great job for me except, now that I've pickup up a decent head, I can hear a little drop in lower end on the signal. I guess I need to play with some of the dials on the battery pack :lol

joe...
                          www.godwentpunk.com
                          www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

I know I am in the minority on this but unless you are a pro who is on an extended tour and you are playing arena's there is no need to spend over $300.00 for a nice wireless. If you are worried about the structural integrity of the transmitter if its plastic you should do what most of us do.
                            Buy a spare transmitter and when you clip it to your guitar strap put a piece of duct tape around it and the strap. This way it will never fall off.
                            Do that with both of the guitars you are gigging with (assuming you have a spare guitar all ready to go).

Comment

I have an 18-19 year old Nady 101 that still works like new. It colors the tone slightly, but at higher volumes it doesn't matter that much. My main beef with it is the weak signal strength. Once you walk about 20-25 feet away, you start getting this timing delay and it becomes more severe the further out you get. Not exactly something that'll let you go and mingle with the audience while playing.
                              Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Working...
                              X