Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever sit down with your amp and just Nail it???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever sit down with your amp and just Nail it???

Dirty people thinking bad things Shame on all you..LOL

On a lighter note, I'm back to all pedals and I'm extremely happy with my tone and hate pedal dancing all in the same breath. I wrote this kick ass song(If I was able to record it I would post it here) and it requires delay and Chorus running in the effects loop while playing the Intro on a clean channel then it rocks into the drive channel and I don't need the chorus anymore for the body of the song. So I gotta switch amp channels then turn off the chorus. Kinda sucks but my gear sounds fantastic. It's sounding the best it's ever did . I don't know if it's the Boss GT8 I removed and got use to how it sounded or what but I'm completely happy with my tone. It's been a very long time for me to say that.

I also been out looking at new amps thinking I need a change. I almost got a JSX(which I will probably will pick up in the future anyway I really like it).

So my current setup is as follows

Jackson Sl3 2006 model with orignal Floyd Rose
    Krank Rev 1 combo
    Out in front is a BBE Green Screamer(new pedal thats crazy clear and sweet)
    In the loop is a Boss CE-5 Chours, Boss DD-20 Giga delay and a BBE sonic Maximizer sstomp box version.

I plan on adding reverb in the effects loop and maybe a pitch shifter then out in front a Wah pedal of some soft and maybe a volume pedal. Once you start using the Boss GT8 and lose all the cool things it can do, it sucks. I still own it but it sucks the life out of my tone so I choose not to use it. I'm keeping it maybe for a practice rig I'll built out od a Micro cube or a Fender small amp.

It's nice to have tone you like alot. I played most of the day today and I'm thinking of one last song or 3. You also can be fully creative when your tone is happy. It makes you feel good inside.

That is good to hear. I am not a pedal freak, but I do hit the front end of my Carvin X100B with a Boss MT-2. The amp already has very nice reverb, so I am good there. I would however like to add a nice Delay pedal to it in the near future. Any reccomendations? Maybe a Chorus pedal also? I love my tone, but it differs day to day. I don`t think my power is the same everyday and could probably use one of those power conditioners or something? Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer View Post
      That is good to hear. I am not a pedal freak, but I do hit the front end of my Carvin X100B with a Boss MT-2. The amp already has very nice reverb, so I am good there. I would however like to add a nice Delay pedal to it in the near future. Any reccomendations? Maybe a Chorus pedal also? I love my tone, but it differs day to day. I don`t think my power is the same everyday and could probably use one of those power conditioners or something? Jack.
      Delay the DD-20 from Boss is awesome. Also the CE-5 I own is also a very nice and cheap chorus pedal. the tone is remarkable. I perfer it over the Line 6 and a Korg i owned.

Power conditioners are a must when any noise is Present. Not to mention having clean power retains your tone.

Dan

Comment

Still cant believe your not happy with the GT-8? For me, the pedals were
        way too noisy..and too much trouble. I like the seemless quiet of the
        GT-8. Plus lately turning down my Gain on the Marshall from 8 to 3 has
        made the sound much sweeter, and clearer. Oh well...different strokes.
        enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
          Still cant believe your not happy with the GT-8? For me, the pedals were
          way too noisy..and too much trouble. I like the seemless quiet of the
          GT-8. Plus lately turning down my Gain on the Marshall from 8 to 3 has
          made the sound much sweeter, and clearer. Oh well...different strokes.
          enjoy!
          I get the complete opposite. Pedals for me are dead quite except the OD pedal. I get alittle hiss when I 'm not playing. My amp is dead silent so I can hear everything. The GT 8 was quite to a point but it made this wierd sound whne you stopped playing. Like digital leftover or something. I ran the noise gate off then I dialed it in to find a common ground of noise reducing and retaining the dynamics of my amp.
          My problem with the GT8 was how it changed my amps tone. For some reason the clean channel still sounded about 90% the same with alittle difference but it stayed clean, the drive channel sounded different. I sounded like a different amp altogether. Wierd I tried and tried to dial out that tone but I couldn't get it right. I had everything off except the noise gate and I turned that off as well.
          I think I got noise from the GT 8 switching ampo channels.Which also was cool but It could not switch to lead boost. Only back and forth from clean to drive. The way I had many patches setup, I used the amp switching quite a bit.
          Other then that I love the GT8 . I was able to design patches and write songs with one press of the footswitch, do exaclty what I wanted.Even for the leads I had it setup perfectly. Such a sweet piece. I wish my amp tone wasn't so effected or I would use the hell out of it. Hell I wish Boss made this exact thing with just effects only. I believe taking out the modeling and OD section would clear things up. Then I could run it in the effects loop only and I bet sound like pedals. All there pedals are pretty damn good. I like em and don't notice any tone suckage like the GT 8 did.

I still own it and fuck with it from time to time but my tone is so damn good right now , I'm not looking forward to our next encounter.

Dan

Comment

Here's a few pic's. Lonely sites the GT 8.

Comment

I'm the opposite of you guys- I love my rack! Mesa Boogie TriAxis, dBx compressor, dBx 31 band EQ, Furman power conditioner, TC Electronic G-Major, Korg tuner, and Rivera TBR-1. Got a TBR-3 also that I might switch to as my main amp, and use the TBR-1 as a practice amp/slave....
              http://www.myspace.com/mr_lizardman

Comment

Pedals work for me too. If you're gonna stick with that setup, to greatly simplify setup you might wanna invest in a board and power supply. I'm a big fan of the Furman pedalboards (I have an SPB-8) as they have pedal power connections, power outlets, power conditioning, etc. all on the board. Very convenient and a great price for what you get. This is kinda of an old pic, but here's my board:

http://webpages.charter.net/cpt/pedalboard.jpg

Comment

how do you find the sonic stomp in the loop? do you run it on all the time or kick it it when needed? nice set up.
                  my kids go without food so i can collect guitars

Comment

Originally posted by mantis View Post
                    Here's a few pic's. Lonely sites the GT 8.

1 thing we can agree on...its that "Sonic Stomp" from BBE... killer boost!

Comment

How does the Sonic Stomp sound when you already have a Sonic Maximizer running?

Comment

Originally posted by Randog View Post
                        How does the Sonic Stomp sound when you already have a Sonic Maximizer running?
                        where does he say hes running both?hes running a sonic stomp[pedal version of a maximiser]?
                        my kids go without food so i can collect guitars

Comment

I just ordered the Sonic Stomp today off Ebay...I hope it's as magical as everyone says!

Comment

Originally posted by dinky kustom View Post
                            where does he say hes running both?hes running a sonic stomp[pedal version of a maximiser]?
                            It doesn't. I'm asking someone who might know because I'm curious for myself. I want to know if you can use the Sonic Stomp as a boost if you're already running a Sonic Maximizer without having it sound like a bag of smashed assholes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Lizardman View Post
                              I'm the opposite of you guys- I love my rack! Mesa Boogie TriAxis, dBx compressor, dBx 31 band EQ, Furman power conditioner, TC Electronic G-Major, Korg tuner, and Rivera TBR-1. Got a TBR-3 also that I might switch to as my main amp, and use the TBR-1 as a practice amp/slave....
                              http://www.myspace.com/mr_lizardman
                              I have been looking for a pedal board but what I have been running into is most boards don't power 200 and 300mv 9V pedals. My Wah is 300mv , both of my BBe pedals require 170mv, I now own 2 Boss double pedals which the CE-20 needs 180mv and the DD-20 needs 200mv at 9v. I don't get these power supplies that come with the pedal boards. They only output 100mv per output. Furman has 2 really nice pedal boards but don't supply the correct amount of mv to correctly power my pedals. I hate it.

I would hate to buy a nice pedalboard like that then have to use all wallwords to power all my pedals... who makes one with higher mv outputs???

Comment

Working...
                              X