Used 5150 price???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The thread says "Used 5150 prices"

Ron buys one, post about it here, and then neglects to mention WHAT HE PAID for it...

Duhh...

Comment

OK, check post #2

It's a block letter

Or you can check cable's Classified....
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Concerning a boost pedal in front of a 5150, it's pretty much the best thing you can do to those amps. I run my gain around 3.5/4 with an overdrive in front of it and it tightens up the low end SO much, the amp absolutely RIPS!

Comment

dumpy wumpy- What boost do you use?
          Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
          The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
            I got my 5150 today! My ears are ringing!
            Awesome Brotha! What cab you running into?
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Soldano 4x12 w/ v30s

Comment

Originally posted by sevser View Post
                Awesome Brotha! What cab you running into?

That particular 5150 is the best sounding one one I ever owned.

Comment

Originally posted by Thor Von Clemson View Post
                  dumpy wumpy- What boost do you use?
                  I'm just using the Natural Overdrive model that's in my GT5 that I run with the 4 cable method in order to use the Boss clean tones instead of the 5150's clean channel. I had to get the GT5 because you can use the loop on the GT5 and the Overdrives indepently, whereas on the GT6/GT8 you have to set the overdrive to external which is what turns on the loop, and means I would need to buy an external boost pedal, plus more cables, which equals more bullshit, haha...

I tried a Maxon OD808 and an Ibanez TS9 and I got basically the exact same results with each as I did with the overdrive in the GT5, so I just decided to keep doing what I'm doing and save some money.

I've seen a lot of guys use the Maxon boosts with 5150s personally, and the dude from Despised Icon used to use a TS9, but now he runs a Boss GX700 rackmount effects unit which is basically the rackmount version of the GT5, and he uses the same overdrive that I do now.

Comment

5150 gurus, tell me how to set up a GE-7 on this thing.

Comment

Working...
                    X