Overdrives and distortions from an electronics POV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overdrives and distortions from an electronics POV

Has anyone sat down and really charted out the electronic family tree of overdrives and distortions?

I am always surprised that I can't find someone with an electronics background that can definitively describe what the REAL difference is between an SD-1 and Zakk Wylde OD?

Folks on the web say it's a differnt case and DPDT switch with a "little more low end", but what is in the damn thing electronically? Component selection? a capacitor, totally different opamp?

The EVH phase 90 it turns out is just a switch to engage or disengage a single resistor from what I can tell. It sure sounds nice in script mode.

Is there a writeup on the Boss OD-3 vs DS-1 vs OS-2 vs SD-1 vs BD-2 from a "what it does to electricity standpoint"?
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

This isn't as detailed as you'd like, but it's a good start:

Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Thanks,
      Thats a good overview on the TS series
      When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Originally posted by 442w30 View Post
        Has anyone sat down and really charted out the electronic family tree of overdrives and distortions?

I am always surprised that I can't find someone with an electronics background that can definitively describe what the REAL difference is between an SD-1 and Zakk Wylde OD?

Folks on the web say it's a differnt case and DPDT switch with a "little more low end", but what is in the damn thing electronically? Component selection? a capacitor, totally different opamp?

The EVH phase 90 it turns out is just a switch to engage or disengage a single resistor from what I can tell. It sure sounds nice in script mode.

Is there a writeup on the Boss OD-3 vs DS-1 vs OS-2 vs SD-1 vs BD-2 from a "what it does to electricity standpoint"?
        Here's the best place I've seen to ask a question like that:

Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Working...
        X