Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amp tech/repair guy in NY/NJ/Philly area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amp tech/repair guy in NY/NJ/Philly area?

Does anyone know of a good guy to look at an old tube combo for me? I can talk over the loudest volume my old Acoustic G100-112 (a 1980 Boogie Mk II clone) these days, and the EVM-12L speaker works fine when connected to my X-100B head, and the tubes are fairly new (and I've swapped them out twice to check the tubes).
    It's too heavy to ship, so I was hopipng to find someone within driving distance of South Jersey. Anyway, I figure it's a long shot but if anyone knows a place...it was a really nice sounding amp back in the day.

thanks,

jim
    Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Originally posted by jim777 View Post
    Does anyone know of a good guy to look at an old tube combo for me? I can talk over the loudest volume my old Acoustic G100-112 (a 1980 Boogie Mk II clone) these days, and the EVM-12L speaker works fine when connected to my X-100B head, and the tubes are fairly new (and I've swapped them out twice to check the tubes).
    It's too heavy to ship, so I was hopipng to find someone within driving distance of South Jersey. Anyway, I figure it's a long shot but if anyone knows a place...it was a really nice sounding amp back in the day.

thanks,

jim
    There is a guy in Morrisville, Pa who is suppost to be very good. I got some tubes off him his shop was stacked with amps. I talked to him about a few things, picking his brain and he seemed to know his shit.
    he works out of A to Z music on main street.

Dan

Comment

Trace at Voodoo Amps near Ithica, NY
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

There are 3 guys... one in Parsipphany, one in Somerville, and one in I think in East Brunswick. I'll get you the info tomorrow on the other two but, the Somerville guy is:

Jim Somma

You have to keep on him but, he does good work and builds his own killer sounding amps too. He has a Hughes & Kettner of mine right now.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Lou Rose/Central Jersey Music on Route 27 in Edison.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Robotechnology View Post
            and one in I think in East Brunswick.
            John at Hy-Way Music? I know he works on guitars, not sure about amps, though.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

In Pennsylvania:
              Guitar Repair:
              Bruce Hames
              George's Music - North Wales
              1218 Welsh Rd
              North Wales, PA 19454

Mike Haney
              460 Wegman Rd
              Reading, PA 19606
              610-406-9231

Electronics Repair:
              Musician's Electronic Service
              798 Biddle St.
              Ardmore, PA 19003
              610-896-7311

Pro Amp Repair
              2905 Mannerchor Road
              Temple, PA 19560
              Phone 610-921-3244
              Fax: 610-921-8593
              [email protected]

I've had my amps fixed at Electronics Repair in Ardmore. The guy practically lives in the shop.

Comment

Working...
              X