Rocktron amps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocktron amps

Is it just me, or do Rocktron amps not get much mention? I've seen a few of the cheaper combos around from time to time, but not the Vendetta head. Now it looks like they're doing a tube/SS hybrid version of it called the Vendetta VH160R, and I have to admit that I'm really curious about it. It's probably not terribly different from the Marshall models with a single 12AX7 in the preamp, but having a built-in tuner and a decent gate would be pretty cool if it sounds good.

But that's the problem - there is hardly any info available on these. I don't think they were new at winter NAMM, which means they must have been out for at least a little while. Anybody tried one? It's making me rethink my planned budget amp purchase.

Here's an eBay link. The dealer is too far away to justify a drive up to try it, but it proves that they're available... http://cgi.ebay.com/Rocktron-Vendett...QQcmdZViewItem
    sigpic

Do they even have a storefront? I go up to Duluth all the time and I've never heard of the place.

BTW, nice to meet you and thanks again for the guitar!

Comment

Ditto, and I hope it works out for you!

They seem to be a dealer for a lot of brands that don't seem to get much attention down here in the Twin Cities, but I haven't been TO Duluth enough to check out the local selection...just THROUGH Duluth en route to the North Shore. The VH160R fits nicely into my "beater" price range, and I've had pretty good results with Rocktron gear, so I'm definitely tempted. But I sure would hate to have to ship it back if it's a POS.
      sigpic

Comment

I always liked rocktron stuff. My intellifex is cool and my vooduvalve rocked.

But after they were not to cool about repairing my voodu valve (a preamp THEY currently sell for 600 some bucks) saying the main ULSC DSP chip in that wasn't in production ( for a preamp unit that is STILL in production??) and the unit wasn't servicable unless it was a supporting circuitry issue, and they weren't in house repairing anything anyways... (WTF???)

They can kiss my ass for any money on new stuff at this point... Buy it used and expect it might not be servicable.

Comment

AFAIK , Bruce Egnater was behind the Vendetta and TOL series . They got great reviews .
          Oh stick this in your fuse box ..... Bon Scott

Comment

i was looking at the very same amp............. it inspired my curiosity, ive been lloking to build me a decent stack and i found the VH160R and like you said has some really good features........ but it's new i am some what scared to take the plunge
            "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Working...
            X