Maxon OD9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxon OD9

Any play a Maxon OD9+? What are your thoughts compared to the regular OD9? Is it worth the extra $.

I'm also considering getting an Analogman modded OD9. Anyone have any experience with one of those?

How do these pedals compare to the OD808?

Don't know about the plus but, I have an OD9 and an original TS9. Don't sound the same. The Maxon is more hi-fi sounding and the Ibanez is more lo-fi sounding. I like both depends on the vibe I want.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

That's why I'm thinking about the Analogman OD9 with the Silver mod. It is supposed to take away some of the hifi sound.

Comment

I'm dying to try the +. I have the regular OD9 and I love it. How much are those going for?

Comment

^$200 on ebay (new)

Comment

I have an OD-9 and have tryed the plus. The amp used was a Framus Cobra and the guitar was my king v with a jb in the bridge. The OD-9+ seemed to be a little more noisey and wasn't as smooth as the od-9 when I boosted the cobra's crunch channel with the plus. I thought it was overkill to boost that amp in the plus mode. It would be great however on a clean channel to add crunch and you can always turn off the boost switch if needs be.

Comment

Thanks. I always hate to not know what I'm missing if I decide on something. Sounds like the + isn't really something necessary for me. I think I'm just going to buy a new Analogman modded OD-9 if one doesn't show up as SPAM in the near term.

Comment

Working...
              X