Line 6 AM-4 - anyone use one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line 6 AM-4 - anyone use one?

I just got one from Ebay, and I'm underwhelmed. Yeah it's got some nice stuff, but quite frankly I can get better sounds from my MP-1/TSR-12 setup.

To its credit, it does state that it's geared more for going into an amp than a mixer/PC rig (which is how I run the MP1/TSR), so maybe I'd be impressed if I ran it into my Fender RocPro1000 head. I dunno.

Anyone here use one and get good modeled tones from it? Running into my PC the JCM800 and Dual Rec sound a lot alike, and I can't get that "typical 7-string tone" from it.

Compared to the XTLive I had, this thing has 12 versions of the same distortion. At least the XTL had noticeable differences in the amps through the PC, even if it was lacking in the FX department (yes, I had the FX Junkie pack).

I bought this hoping to see how close I could dupe the tones in my rack, and as it turns out, I already had them in it

Ah well, maybe I'll hang onto it in case I actually ever do get to turn my amp on again
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com
Working...
X