Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK had alittle success with the GT 8 today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK had alittle success with the GT 8 today.

So I wrote this killer new song today. Actually I started it last week and added to it today. I had time to really get involved with it.
    So it has a clean Intro and I like to have Chorus and Delay . Then when I played the Body if you will, I likke the delay to stay on and switch to my drive channel while tapping off the chorus. Yeah it's alot of pedal work and that sucks but it sound awesome.
    So I'm looking at the GT 8 just sitting there waiting on a new home or for someone, anyone to come by and play with it. So fuck it, I hooked it up but I did some different things with it. So I connected it to the effect loop only in my amp. I used the Input and Output mono of the GT 8. So it's loop was not connected. I also left out channel switching as I feel that maybe a cause of tone suckage as I believe it adds noise. So I sat and level set the GT 8 so it was the same as when there was nothing in the effects loop. It actually sounds alot better configured this way. My amp doesn't seem to lose as much tone as it did with the 4 cable method. Wired this way I lose the Wah wah pedal, all the OD section and all the Pre amp section of the GT 8. So now the GT 8 is just an effects processor and thats it.
    So I'm gonna try adding in amp control to switch channels from clean to drive. As this I will lose my lead boost from the amp as the GT 8 can't switch it. I would have to build a patch with the patch level turn up a bit to recreate a lead boost. thats ok as long as I can add in amp switching without all the damn noise(which I think it does). The amp switch has a small amount of power in it to light up the factory amp switcher. I think that voltage is the cause if any. I will have to seriously test this.

So if all goes well, I will beable to create patches for my new song. One for the clean channel of my amp with Delay and chorus, hell I may even add in alittle touch of reverb as currently I don't have a reveb pedal and the GT 8 has it built in, then I can build another patch with my drive channel, add in the same dealy and remove the chorus and reverb( If i add it) with one pedal press. this is what I want, this is what I'm after.God Damn it I'm gonna try again.

Using all pedals again for tone reasons ONLY rules. My rig sounds it's very very best BUT pedal dancing sucks ass badly and Hince the reason I looked for something like the GT 8.

Wish me luck

Dan

Well it still sucks the life out of my rig. It's not as bad as the 4 cable method but it still ruins my tone. What it does is add brightness to it. I have everything off except the noise gate and I have to have that on or I get alot of noise from the GT 8. I guess my amp and the GT 8 just don't play nice together. It was worth the shot. I had alot of spare time today so I was able to screw around with my setup.
    I got my patches built, amp contol in place and everything works nice but the sound quality. Maybe I'm 2 anal about how I sound. My tone needs to be just right and I'm happy, when it's off, I go crazy almost to the point I don't wanna play. I know what my stuff sounds like and I want it to sound exaclty like that everytime I power up. Using pedals it gives me exaclty what I want to hear.
    I guess I gotta look into one of those pedal controling loop things. That might be more for me. The GT 8 may make alot of people happy but I'm not happy with my sound quality when using it. No matter how I wire it up.

Dan

Comment

Sounds to me like you need to dump the GT-8 and go back to traditional pedals with your amp.

Comment

Why not just take advantage of the GT-8 and use its modeling features? The amp models and OD/distortion models do sound great.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
          Sounds to me like you need to dump the GT-8 and go back to traditional pedals with your amp.
          Yep , your exaclty right. this rig just doesn't work with it. I'll have to decide on writing alittle differntly because of it but thats ok, I did it before I can do it again.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            Why not just take advantage of the GT-8 and use its modeling features? The amp models and OD/distortion models do sound great.
            Yes I considered that. I'm considering picking up a Rolland cube or a jc120 amp. then I can use the GT 8 exactly how it was designed and I'm betting it will sound great.

Dan

Comment

Have you just tried it into the effects return of your amp? Using the amp simply as tube power? Or better yet, a small stereo tube power amp and a pair of 212's like the Carvin or ADA split stacks? Then you'd have 2 separrate rigs depending on your needs.
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
                Have you just tried it into the effects return of your amp? Using the amp simply as tube power? Or better yet, a small stereo tube power amp and a pair of 212's like the Carvin or ADA split stacks? Then you'd have 2 separrate rigs depending on your needs.
                I heard it works well with the JSX. Hardley no tone suckage at all. I could be cool with that as I really like the JSX.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                X