Carvin arrived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carvin arrived

Well the vintage 16 came and of course UPS did something to it.. The reveerb doesnt work and it popped and was barely making any noise when I hit the gain .. I switch the pre tubes around and it plays now but still no verb. The rverb tank is fine. no loose connectons etc. Im thinking maybe one of the 3 pre tubes is bad but im not sure. Any help would be appreciated. They are 12ax7 sovteks. They all glow but dont get very warm at all.

Hmm, is the power mode switch set right on the back? Could be not fully engaged one way or the other?

It could be a loose wire or bad solder point somewhere. Try checking out the carvin forums to see if anyone over there has had similar problems.

Did you buy direct from Carvin or did you get it used? If you bought it new you could always return it.

It doesnt sound like something UPS could have done, amps are pretty sturdy with few moving parts. So unless there's solid evidence that it was mistreated by them then I would look to a manufacturing problem first.

Just my $0.02.

Later,

Steve
    Guitars:
    '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
    '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
    '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
    Amp:
    VOX AD30VT

Comment

it was used but its an 06 model . Its barely used and not a flaw on it. looks brand new. The tubes were shiped in a foam tube and wrapped very well. You an jiggle it and hear the reverb springs ringing thru the speaker but it doesnt work.

Comment

Well I have 3 new pre amp tubes on the way..Ill install them tonight and see. They are JJs.

Comment

If that doesn't fix the problem, call Carvin. They're pretty good about helping people with used gear.
          I bought a DC400 one time off of ebay, the volume pot was a little funny, and one of the Sperzel locking tuners totally seized up, they sent me new ones under warranty for free... and they even transferred the whole guitar warranty from the original owner to me.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            If that doesn't fix the problem, call Carvin. They're pretty good about helping people with used gear.
            I bought a DC400 one time off of ebay, the volume pot was a little funny, and one of the Sperzel locking tuners totally seized up, they sent me new ones under warranty for free... and they even transferred the whole guitar warranty from the original owner to me.

Wow, that is excellent! Sounds like great customer service. I've had many of their amps and PA gear. Great stuff!
            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I wished they would do that for me. I love this amp.. Its been modded by hasserl so maybe the warranty is void. I checked it again and its definetly the verb tank thats busted. Maybe the seller can get a free one from Carvin. I'll get some sound clips up ASAP too. The Boss DS 1 I modded makes it sound really nice IMHO... Im working on getting parts together for the MOD on my Boss OS 2 now. Which ever sounds the best is what Im gonna use.

Comment

Ah, the Hasserl mod seems cool. I don't really hang around the Carvin board any more, but that guy does some cool mods.
                Not sure if the warranty is void or not because of the mod, but I'd call them and see if they can help. It'd be great if the seller can help you out. Good luck with it.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Ah, the Hasserl mod seems cool. I don't really hang around the Carvin board any more, but that guy does some cool mods.
                  Not sure if the warranty is void or not because of the mod, but I'd call them and see if they can help. It'd be great if the seller can help you out. Good luck with it.

Yup modded..It sounds awesome but no verb. I can use a processer in front of it if i have to for now. The seller is in canada and I think what happened is the amp got stuck in customs for a few days so it probably got bounced around or the seller was lying about the condition from the begining. The connectors on the tank look to be a little burned and scored. Maybe he lied. I told him to either get UPS to pau $45 for a new tank or he can or take it back. I giving him a few days to deal with it then Im filing a paypal complaint. I had to buy new tubes to see if it was a bad tube but it wasnt. I got the old volt meter out and found an open in the verb tank. Friggin UPS sux

Comment

Working...
                  X