Pete's budget Rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pete's budget Rack

I forgot how good an MP1 sounds with a BBE. Next up might be some sort of budget one rack space fx unit... we'll see. I had a spattering of rack gear, started putting it together, thought it might be fun to assemble it.

Pete

i like them mosvalves, looks rock.

Comment

a MosValve power amp, just like Jerry Cantrell!

Comment

Believe it or not, the mosvalve sounds good and you can find them under $200. And most importantly, they are LIGHT! I had a Peavey 120/120 that was a freakin' boat anchor!

JGCable was cool enough to send me a rack that had a few minor dents in it - I may build a 6V6 low wattage tube power amp for it. I don't know of any commerically available ones, all the low wattage ones are EL84s and are 20 watts. I'm thinking more like 6 or 12.

Pete

Comment

My late friend Clyde's rack mostly consisted of a Korg rack tuner, a Digitech GSP2101, and a Mosvalve 962 into a Peavey 412 run stereo. It sounded pretty fine and he always got compliments. He had 3 or 4 of those Mosvalves, and loved them.
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

GSP2101 is a solid peice of equipment. I sent mine in for repair after using it for 7 years. Too bad they couldnt fit it in a single rack space.

-Nate
            Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

MP1s rule!
              Popular is not the same as good
              Rare is not the same as valuable
              Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Aaah, MosValve! Good choice my friend. Aren't they great?
                - Andi Kravljaca -

Comment

Cool rack system. No clutter, only tone!
                  Hey Nonny Nonny Milord!
                  http://www.monsterjoe.be

Comment

Nice Pete. My rack is super budget. 4 space unit with a 2120 and Peavey 50/50 amp. Don't use it much, but it's there....

Comment

sweet! i sold my Mosvalve...maybe im crazy but it wasnt loud enough to play with a drummer...at least the drummer i was playing with. i had to have my 5150 on 3 to hang with him (16 years old and beat the holy hell out of the drums all the time! amazing for 16 though...)

got a Peavey Classic 120 in Nashville waiting on me though, that should be fun to play aorund with!
                      My metal band Lucian Scott
                      Debut Album Defiance on the Steps of Heaven
                      Available Now!
                      New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Soundclick page : clips and jams

Comment

Kenny Hickey style.

Comment

If I had a Rack setup, that would be a fine one bro All good stuff there and affordable. Jack.

Comment

Used an MP-1 with a BBE for years until I ran across an old Green faced Furman PQ-3 and used it with the MP-1. Best combo I've ever heard!
                            I'm going to have to check out one of those Mosvalve power amps, they're about a dime a dozen around here.

Comment

Working...
                            X