Engl Invader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engl Invader

Has anyone tried an Engl Invader? I have a Powerball and was wondering how the Invader sounds?

I am curious too... I saw one in a local store a few months ago but didn't try it out.
    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Originally posted by sparky View Post
      Has anyone tried an Engl Invader? I have a Powerball and was wondering how the Invader sounds?
      Heh, heh...the Invader is the best amp ever. You should trade your Uberschall for one.

Comment

Originally posted by shadowcat View Post
        I am curious too... I saw one in a local store a few months ago but didn't try it out.

I just can't imagine seeing "ANY" Engl amp in a music store and not trying it out. But, we're pretty Engl-challenged in the US.

Actually seeing one would be pretty unlikely in these parts...

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
          I just can't imagine seeing "ANY" Engl amp in a music store and not trying it out. But, we're pretty Engl-challenged in the US.

Actually seeing one would be pretty unlikely in these parts...

This is true and they are not priced that fuggin' high..I don't get it.
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Just about any other Engl has to be better than the Powerball. I owned one for about 3 weeks and just hated it. I have a Fireball now and I think it is a hell of alot much better.

Comment

Originally posted by mhenson42 View Post
              Just about any other Engl has to be better than the Powerball. I owned one for about 3 weeks and just hated it. I have a Fireball now and I think it is a hell of alot much better.

I agree, I went back to a savage 120 after owning a powerball and a SE.

There are clips of the invader there. DerekB can help you out if you are debating on getting one.

Comment

^Are your rivercomputers or something like that on ebay? I think I bought your powerball from you?

Comment

Savage 120 is a great amp for sure, nevr had the chance to try out the Invader
                  SEPTYCAL GORGE MySpace page
                  SEPTYCAL GORGE official website

Comment

Originally posted by mhenson42 View Post
                    ^Are your rivercomputers or something like that on ebay? I think I bought your powerball from you?
                    No those are friends of mine that I have sold some of my gear to. Then they sell it on ebay. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Diego_ View Post
                      Savage 120 is a great amp for sure, nevr had the chance to try out the Invader
                      There's a guy on lord riffenstein's engl forum that had a savage 120 for many years. Soon as he tryed out an invader, he switched. I'm curious about the invader myself and will have to try one out sometime.

Comment

well, i guess it sounds like an ENGL, so i can already tell that it's not my cup of tea

seriously though, i listened to the clips at rocksolidamps, and well, it sounds like my friend's powerball.....which i think isn't a particulary good thing, but oh well....

Comment

there's that frikkin' framus snob again

Comment

From what I've heard, it's supposed to sound more open and less compress than most other ENGL models.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Originally posted by axeman81 View Post
                              there's that frikkin' framus snob again
                              Hey, but he seems to lose enthusiasm... I believe in the past he always got into the first 10 posts in every thread that got the word "ENGL" in the title. :ROTF:

BTW I extensively tried out and played my buddy's ENGL Blackmore yesterday and it kicked major ass!

Now that's a TIGHT amp. And it didn't sound like a Powerball to me...

No offense, Fragle.
                              http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Working...
                              X