No announcement yet.

Engl Invader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think they sound pretty good. I wouldn't trade a Ubershall for one but nice amp all the same.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by shadowcat View Post
      BTW I extensively tried out and played my buddy's ENGL Blackmore yesterday and it kicked major ass!

Now that's a TIGHT amp. And it didn't sound like a Powerball to me...

No offense, Fragle.
      The Blackmore is a sweet ass amp. Especially for the price. Excellent sound and build for under $2K.

Comment

Originally posted by shadowcat View Post
        Hey, but he seems to lose enthusiasm... I believe in the past he always got into the first 10 posts in every thread that got the word "ENGL" in the title. :ROTF:

BTW I extensively tried out and played my buddy's ENGL Blackmore yesterday and it kicked major ass!

Now that's a TIGHT amp. And it didn't sound like a Powerball to me...

No offense, Fragle.

folks, i'm not saying that engl amps are utter crap, that's definitely NOT the case. just not my cup of tea, that's it. while the powerball can be tweaked to sound pretty decent, i doubt i'll ever choose it over the 5150, let alone the framus.

as for the blackmore....same thing, really. a good amp, tight, excellent clean channel, and i loved the 2 master volumes. however, despite of the 4 channels it's not exactly versatile due to the shared EQ. besides, for a really heavy sound the 5150 flat out destroys the blackmore.
        on the other hand, as much as i despise the fire/powerball, the savage 120 still got my interest peaked. i've seen quite a few bands sound excellent using it, plus i really like the primal fear guitar tone - that's classic savage as far as i can tell.

but then again, would i trade the framus for a savage? most likely not

Comment

I really like the sound of ENGL amps...
          It`s sad I can`t test them here near... :/..
          So where are the sound samples?..

--> we should have one that would said:
          this thread is worthless without sound samples
          Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Blackmore owner here...the best amp I could get for my money, but I wouldn't call it a four channel amp...I think it is actually a single channel design with some clever circuitry!

Comment

Originally posted by Fragle View Post

folks, i'm not saying that engl amps are utter crap, that's definitely NOT the case. just not my cup of tea, that's it. while the powerball can be tweaked to sound pretty decent, i doubt i'll ever choose it over the 5150, let alone the framus.

as for the blackmore....same thing, really. a good amp, tight, excellent clean channel, and i loved the 2 master volumes. however, despite of the 4 channels it's not exactly versatile due to the shared EQ. besides, for a really heavy sound the 5150 flat out destroys the blackmore.
              on the other hand, as much as i despise the fire/powerball, the savage 120 still got my interest peaked. i've seen quite a few bands sound excellent using it, plus i really like the primal fear guitar tone - that's classic savage as far as i can tell.

but then again, would i trade the framus for a savage? most likely not

I heard very similiar remarks from my dude in Beyond Fear..he's not using Poweballs anymore..he's got 6505's now..

He wanted a Uber..but bought a home that is costing him much of his dough to get together.

He's happier with the 5150's.
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
              X