No announcement yet.

Proud new JSX owner! ...story and pic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude...you need to post of pic "Fratboy Chaz" style in front of that amp!

Sweet rig!
    RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
    RIP Dime

Comment

VBias should be set to plate voltage per the specific tubes and their requirements. There was some discussion a couple years back about switching btwn different tubes on a Peavey branded amp and how the grid resistor was not compatible with certain tubes/plate voltages w/o a swap out.. I think it may have been on a XXX tho.

After using the 6l6's for some time.. I really like them over El34's overall.
      Soldano came with 6L6's originally as does most Fenders.. its a good, durable overall long lasting tube.

Comment

I've gotta check one of these fuckers out....
        Hear the universe scream
        Bleeding from black holes
        Whom horns careless
        And whom God mourns

Comment

Originally posted by paulbag View Post
          I've gotta check one of these fuckers out....
          +1

If it has enough gain and distortion without using a distortion pedal, that would be great. My Carvin X100B with EL34`s neads the pedal to get it to metal territory even on the Lead channel and Rythym is clean on these amps. Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by mantis View Post
            So ok whats the meter reading?? What do you measure? Voltage, Ohms? I kinda get the hot to cold thing with the tubes but in my thinking here why would you want colder tubes?? I guess for something different but I perfer my amp hot, I like the sound after it's been on for like 20 to 30 minutes. It really gets nice and stays there. I'm also wondering if the 6L6 tubes will tighten thing up a bit. The amp seems to sag a bit and it's alittle mushy then what I'm used to. Not a bad thing but for tight quick stuff, I feel it needs to be faster.

Dan
            On the JSX, the bias termianls on the back measure something else, but not really the tubes bias that you think. I think 42 is the default reading if you're installing new tubes and want to go back to factory. I'm going to try mine at the 9oclock position tonight. Currently I have it at the 11 oclock poisition.

The el34 sounded really boxey to me. The kt77 seamed to open it a little. I'd think Id try the 6L6 at some point, just not today.

joe...
            www.godwentpunk.com
            www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Working...
            X