Shipping an amp head.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping an amp head.

I gotta ship an amp of mine that I sold.

Would I be ok if I let the UPS store box it up, if I specify it needs to be double-boxed?

Or, do I need to pack it myself? and how do I know its secure?

Where do I get packing materials affordably?

Thanks.

I never had any issues with letting the UPS Store pack up my high value items. They always do a great job. From what I understand, if you use the UPS Store to pack your item and use UPS to ship the item, if something happens to the item due to the packing then your getting your insurance claim will be much faster/easier than if you go to another packer or if you pack it yourself.

Comment

Cool.

Do I just walk in with my head, and they will do EVERYTHING?

The tubes should be sent seperate, right?

Comment

Why are you using UPS now?
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

It will be real expensive to have ups pack it. You are better off packing it yourself. Pull the tubes and bubble wrap them and put them back in the chasis. Double box the amp. I like to put styrofoam sheets around the head to protect it and reenforce the sides with extra cardboard. I've never had a problem. Also, use Fedex ground. It is alot cheaper than UPS.

I was once going to have ups pack a vetta combo amp. The wanted $138 to pack it and other $90 to ship. I ended up packing it myself with a homemade box and shipped it with Fedex for $55.

Comment

Working...
          X