Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VHT CL vs CLX

what's the difference between the 2 ?

The clx is a special order and comes with el34s while the ultralead is standard issue and comes with Kt-88s. If you're thinking about getting one, be sure to check out the sig x first.

Comment

CL has 2 high gain channels. CLX has the same 2 high gain channels + a dedicated clean channel.

Comment

CL50 is 50Watt, EL34 (the older ones are switchable EL34/6L6), two high-gain channels, tube/solid state rectifier, class A/classAB.

CLX is three channel - clean/mid-gain/hi-gain, 100W.

Have never played the CLX, so can't comment. But personally I was attracted to the CL50 for the extreamely usable options it has, plus two high-gain channels (just exactly what I need).

Well, if I come accross a CLX, I will buy it too

Comment

My friend has an old Pittbull Classic. Basicly the same as CLX but without the gain stacking. That head sounds incredible. You might get those cheap. Well worth every penny.

Comment

I've been waiting on Sig X... sounds like a killer amp.
            Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

I had one of the first Pittbull 2x12`s. It was a Classic with 3 channels and the graphic eq. The was one loud mofo!! Very aggressive, dry and tight. If you like a more wet tone or medium or loose, the old ones wouldn`t do it, but they did do Slayer and the like to a "T". I only sold it because, it was basically a 1 horse tone and I don`t care for 2x12`s. Saying that, however, I would love to try the newer version in the head model. Jack.

Comment

http://www.vhtamp.com/frames.html
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                X