All Fuzz!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Fuzz!

I just bought a BSM Fuzz Bender and if anyone likes Fuzz I'd say that's the way to go! That and a russian Big Muff Any other cool fuzz pedals that anyone knows about?

Though they're common, I think the Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz is a nice modern fuzz. And probably the closest thing the fuzz I'm looking all over for, a Boss Hyper Fuzz

Comment

BSM was a great choice, I love their treble boosters.

I was a pedal whore a few years back. My favorite and the only fuzz I kept, is the Frantone, 'Peach Fuzz'. She also designed the NYC Big Muff Pi. Her personal version is rich and creamy with huge low mids and bottom end, wthout any ragged edge. IMO it is more akin for SRV or MBV type tones.

There are some small outfits, such as Effector 13 that make pedals with B-Movie fuzz tones and Sobbat from Japan that have nifty martial artists in manga mode painted on them.The Edge was using the whole line during the mid 90's in the studio and on the stage, if I remeber the photo in the old mag correctly.

Comment

I had a zvex fuzz probe that I enjoyed (basically a fuzz factory with a antenna controlled stability knob - the 'probe' feature, which I didn't use very much and ended up selling it)

I've been using (and loving) a euthymia ICBM fuzz lately; it's a 70's IC muff clone, basically a particularly clear and nasty muff

Comment

Man, I have never understood fuzz much. As a child in the 70s, I was sold a Big Muff by some tard at a guitar shop telling me I'd sound like Black Sabbath totally. Umm, man, I should have banged him in his head with that... THAT was the beginning of GAS for me... First pedal, and wanting more.

The good thing about it was I got a couple bills out of it 20 some years later as it was mint (from non-use) and I sold it at a guitar show.

Comment

Working...
          X