THD yellow Jackets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THD yellow Jackets

Has anyone around here used the THD Yellow Jackets in their amp?
    Reading through this excerpt from the website I was just a little confused about the installation. Is there more to it than just popping them in the sockets on a JSX head?

"How do they work? (from the website)
    They give you simple Class-A operation from any amp.Yellow Jacket® Converters not only rearrange the pin locations of the tubes, but also provide the necessary current limiting on the screens and cathode as well as blocking the amplifier's grid bias voltage, while configuring the EL84 in a Class-A, Self-adjusiting cathode-bias circuit. In other words, there are no adjustments to make and no modifications necesary, you simply plug the Yellow Jackets® into the amp's output tube sockets, (in cathode-bias amplifiers) screw the ground wires under one of the output tube socket mounting screws, plug the provided EL84's into the Yellow Jackets®, turn on the amp and play. "

I guess that I don't understand the part about the ground wires??

-David

depends on the amp. I used them for a while in my 2203. All you do is install the converters in the tube sockets and EL84's...no ground wiring was needed for me.

what amp are you thinking on using them in?
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

I've got one for my THD Univalve... though, it is the specific model for that amp only. No ground wiring at all needed.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

He seems to plan to use it in a JSX head Shawn.
        I never used a ground wire altho I believe I recall reading that. Just plug em in and use em same as you would any octal tube. I'd be interested in what you think of em..and how your ears hear them in terms to stock sounds.

Comment

There is one model of the YJ's that has a ground wire. IIRC it is for higher powered octal tubes like 6550's and KT88's.
          We must!
          We must!
          We must increase the bust!
          The bigger the better!
          The tighter the sweater!
          The boys are counting on us!

Comment

Working...
          X