Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyon have any experience with madison Amps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Inazone View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, the Madison cabs *are* USA-made, although I don't know about their branded speakers.

I suspect that, shoddy construction aside, the price of the Madison amps is simply not in line with that of other Chinese amps. Peavey has their new Chinese amps (Windsor, Valve King, etc.) priced very reasonably. Same with the Ashdown and B-52 tube amps. Randall's tube heads seem a little expensive to me for being made in China, but they do have the modular thing going for them. Meanwhile, what does Madison offer that their competitors do not? Nothing, based on on listed specs.
    The cabs have 2 Celestion V30's and 2 G12T-75's set in a cross pattern in them. I think all their cabs come with celestions. Stock they come with the Celestion Seventy 80's but you can get them with G12T-75's or Vintage 30's.

Comment

B-52 amps are American FYI. Also, I thought ENGL was suppossed to be like high end stuff? As for Madison, ther stuff just doesnt seem impressive to me, though I've never tried one. I think B-52s are some of the best things out there in terms of what you get for the price. a Mesa for those on a budget so to speak.

Comment

Working...
      X