Toadworks Mr. Ed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toadworks Mr. Ed

Just picked this pedal up, and i must say its a good pedal. Nice heavy crunch and good bass response.

Anyone know how i could get any more sustain out of it?

I've been boosting it with a cheap OD and its been working well, but would there be an internal mod to boost sustain?

Also the pedal sounds great, reccomend anyone to try one!

I had one for a while. I am told that it is fuzz face circuitry modded for overdrive.

Comment

I have mine running through a Blues driver, and its a great little no frills system. try it, plenty of sustain.

Comment

I had the OD boosting infront, so you think after would be better.

I'll have to try i guess.

It can do (with the tone rolled down) a great fuzz actually now you mention it.

Comment

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I am wondering if anyone else has had any experience playing one of these Mr. Ed pedals? I did a search and this was the only thread that came up. There is only 2-3 vids on youtube and it's hard to get a good read from those videos. There is a shop nearby that is an authorized dealer so I'll probably go check it out soon...just looking for some input here before trying though.

Even though I'm not the biggest VH fan in the world, I totally enjoy his sound. I used to own a mid-90's Peavey Super Chorus 212 that seemed to nail the sound from "Balance" album. I miss that sound awfully bad...great chorus and great crunch from a ss amp. Anway, I have a JSX now but I am thinking about picking this pedal up just round out the arsenal a bit.
          E = Fb

Comment

I just sold one. IMO, it's a cool pedal, but it's not going to get you the brown sound without the right amp.

Comment

Find a pedal called a brown sound in a box... totally kicks ass on one of these.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps View Post
                Find a pedal called a brown sound in a box... totally kicks ass on one of these.

Pete
                Pete, who makes it?
                E = Fb

Comment

it's a project on the internet, I think there are some licensees that use the circuit in their 'boutique' pedals. You can get a kit for under $100. It kicks ass.

Pete

Comment

Working...
                  X