No announcement yet.

SLO100 effects question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had great luck with the TC Gmajor,,,as recommended by Bill Sundt. It is as transparent as you can get, and it gives you complete command over the volumes of any preset,,,,,has great effects ( I only use a little delay, or chorus, or reverb) for my use,,,,,and best of all, ,,has that relay to switch channels on your amp. Every time you change presets, that one stomp will also make sure your SLO is on the correct channel. It is great for live.

Comment

By the way,,,I love seeing posts on this forum regarding the Soldano SLO100. I've had mine for almost two years now, and am just as much in love with it now as when I got it. WHat a phenomenal amp!!!!!!! Every time I plug in,,,it just blows me away.

Comment

Originally posted by lynchfan6 View Post
        I've had great luck with the TC Gmajor,,,as recommended by Bill Sundt. It is as transparent as you can get, and it gives you complete command over the volumes of any preset,,,,,has great effects ( I only use a little delay, or chorus, or reverb) for my use,,,,,and best of all, ,,has that relay to switch channels on your amp. Every time you change presets, that one stomp will also make sure your SLO is on the correct channel. It is great for live.
        That's good to hear. I have an old Intellifex and it sounds decent with the SLO, but channel switching with effects on in the loop is certainly an issue with the SLO. I also have the Replifex which has a channel switch jack, but it won't work with the SLO. It works fine on my Boogie, but not on the SLO. I could mod it to work, I'm sure, but haven't gotten around to it.

In my case, I run effects out front, on the rare occasion that I even use them, with the SLO.

I haven't had any problems cutting through a two guitar bad for solos up to this point...but a little boost wouldn't hurt anything. (I'm new to two guitar bands, so learning this part.) I'm going to give try with one of my boost pedals, once I assemble it, to hear if it can do enough volume/tone-shaping to be noticeable. This isn't the first time I've heard people wanting a lead boost on the SLO...maybe I should put together some 1/3 rack space remotely switched units for that. It'd be pretty simple and fun enough... (brain starts going).

Comment

I fixed the wiring for the 1/4" feed throughs. Here are some more pictures including labels

Back Panel:

Front Panel:

I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Thats pretty cool Tim.

Comment

Those labels rule!!!

I had the same experience with switchers and the SLO. It is a latching system that requires higher voltage than my Replifex switcher has. I can't remember the spec for it. That's cool the TC unit will flip the SLO!
              www.sandimascharvel.com

Comment

Working...
              X