5150 Speaker Cabs any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5150 Speaker Cabs any good?

I've got a marshall 1960Ax top loaded with greenbacks that I love but it gets muddy/boomy/ with my 7's.
    How are these 5150 4X12 cabs? I would be using it with my 5150 combo and with my B-52. they seem to go for pretty cheap used .
    I like that
    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

I'm not sure how well it would sound with the B-52, but the 5150s and the cabs are a match made in heaven. They sound awesome together.

Pete

Comment

+1. Its the best cab for a 5150. Go figure.

Comment

I love it with a XXX too...I have been trying to get one since I tried it out live. Cut right through.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

I don't like the 5150 cab. I think the Bogner Ubercab is better when paired with a 5150.

Comment

Those 5150 cabs with sheffield speakers are very middy and bassy. Not enough presence to cut thru the mix. That's why they are selling for so cheap. not worth it! if you are one who likes scooped mids, you will not like it.
            Sam

Comment

5150 cab worked awesome with my 5150s where MESA's, Marshall, and other different celestion loaded (75s, 30s, 25s watters) cabs didn't.

For some reason the 5150 cabs let you use more distortion, and more resonance with the 5150 where the others usually started farting out or sounding muddy. Not sure how they work with other amps tho, as I never played them live with other amps.

Comment

Working...
              X