Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

peavy valve king amps........... a crap shoot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The MG cab is the weak link there. Anything will sound like crap through one of those.
    Hey Nonny Nonny Milord!
    http://www.monsterjoe.be

Comment

there was a line 6 cab there but too late now, there's a restocking fee for the damn things...... plus it was used and abused on the floor
      "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

For around $600 or $650 you can get a JCM800 combo. I have one and love it.

Comment

Peavy=playskool. There have been a lot of other better choices mentioned in this thread.

Comment

Ah, wadda you know! go play with your crystals, ya friggin sleastack!
            I'm not Ron!

Comment

here maiden.......
              "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

I'd try out the Peavey Windsor. I liked what I heard when I tried it out at GC a while back. If I was in the amp market I might have bought it. It was going through a Marshall 1960 IIRC.
                Scott

Comment

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
                  here maiden.......
                  Mine works fine, I can't try out what you did because there's company at the house haha, but I will try and see if it rattles like yours did.

Comment

im gonna try out a bunch of amps soon, as I am in the market, I'll probably be checking out Peavey's, im gonna go for a new one

the XXL's are great, play one yesterday with some hollowbodied guitar
                    Out Of Ideas

Comment

dude, carvin, all the way!!!!!

Comment

Nevermind.
                        Last edited by TheMightyMaiden; 06-25-2007, 12:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
                          dude, carvin, all the way!!!!!
                          ive been looking at Carvins, But i dont want to blow all my Cash on the MTS amps, have you tried the SX series?
                          Out Of Ideas

Comment

Originally posted by Frigo89 View Post
                            ive been looking at Carvins, But i dont want to blow all my Cash on the MTS amps, have you tried the SX series?
                            no, but carvin pumps out some quality stuff, so i figure it should sound good too.

Comment

Working...
                            X