Best inexpensive distortion pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guitardude86 View Post
    Hey Trendkill how is that AMT.. I checked out their website and it sounds pretty brootal.. But it said it's emulating valve distortion and has a built in combo emulator.. Since I already have a valve amp and a 2x12 cab I don't really want to "emulate" anything
    My Rivera is awesome for that "classic" heavy metal distortion, I love the cleans and it's loud as f**ck, but it would be cool to have a pedal lying around for brutal death metal riffing.. Any tips? Anyone
    Dude, its awesome. If your into death metal, you'll love it. Suffocation, Gorguts, Obituary... just dial them in while still sounding unique. Check out my review of it on an earlier thread. Most brutal pedal I'v ever heard and it still is pretty much noiseless and has great string definition. Remember though... THIS THING IS LOUD! and it sounds best on a clean channel. I'v got the volume up halfway on the pedal, and my clean amp on 1 and its almost killing my ear... in a good way.

"Better to Die Quickly Fighting on Your Feet
    Than to Live Forever Begging on You Knees."-LoG

R.I.P.
    Dimebag Darrell
    Chuck Schuldiner
    Cliff Burton

Comment

Originally posted by TrendkillDBD View Post
      I'd say go $10 more... get an AMT. I got the Metalizer... awesome for Suffocation, Nile, and any thrash or death metal band. Also, check out the Du Hast or Extreme III. They're all only $10 or $15 more than you want to spend.

+1 on the AMT pedals. Great bang for the buck,
      and apparently have some kind of built-in noise
      reduction? Very quiet for the kind of sound they
      put out. If you really want a budget pedal, get
      the Yngwie OD. Just a basic clean boost, but
      they only cost 30 bucks!

theo

Comment

Originally posted by Guitardude86 View Post
        Hey Trendkill how is that AMT.. I checked out their website and it sounds pretty brootal.. But it said it's emulating valve distortion and has a built in combo emulator.. Since I already have a valve amp and a 2x12 cab I don't really want to "emulate" anything
        My Rivera is awesome for that "classic" heavy metal distortion, I love the cleans and it's loud as f**ck, but it would be cool to have a pedal lying around for brutal death metal riffing.. Any tips? Anyone
        Get an AMT and set your current amp to the
        clean channel. Let the AMT do all the distortion.
        I got my AMT California Sound a couple weeks
        ago, and I've been running it into my ENGL
        preamp on its clean channel. Doing everything
        with the AMT, and just using the volume knob
        on the guitar. I haven't used anything else since
        I got the AMT!

theo

Comment

i like the tech 21 tri ac pedal.

Comment

Hey Lefty and Trendkill, thanks for the tip. If AMT is as good as you say I guess it's worth to check out. I'll see if I can find one at a store here.
            Just looking for something for that extreme gain Oh, and I heard the trick with overdrive pedals is to dime in the amp so it just BARELY starts breaking up, and then kick in the pedal. The guy who told me this is more of a Marshall guy but he demonstrated it on a Bruno amp and it sounded kick-ass.
            Just hope it applies to my amp too
            "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

I dig the Marshall Guv'nor and the Digitech Distortion Factory. With THAT, you have about 7-8 different voices, and plently of tone controlling for each. Very versatile. The Guv'nor is nice, but it's a one-trick pony. It, however, does it, well.
              I'm not Ron!

Comment

Working...
              X