TRAYNOR YCV80Q 4x10 tube combo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRAYNOR YCV80Q 4x10 tube combo?

Does anyone have, or have used this amp? They look reasonable enough for a Fendery type of jazzy clean tone, which is what I'm after. I know Fuchs will update a traynor, so I assume they're decent enough to start with.

thanks,

jim
    Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

No good for anything heavy. The 2x12 version is much better...You will have your coveted clean tone and the ability to go all the way to Death metal with gain and tone. Versatile amp...I don't use mine much but I keep it because it sounds so damn good. Two loops as well...Nice features. So underrated it great...Price stays low

Trust me...The 10" speakers are just not right for it. Huge diff with 12"

Don't let the "Death Metal" thing derail you trying one...The cleans are that good...But it can also crunch your ass!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Yeah, I don't need anything heavy at all, I've got three other amps for that I'm looking for something with an awesome tubey clean for straight jazz without having to buy a Polytone/ Raezors Edge setup.

Do you mean the 10" speakers aren't right for jazz, or death metal? That's not really clear.

Thanks!

Comment

Not right for that amp...The same amp with 2x12 is much nicer. The 10's fart out...(With that amp) Not saying 10s in general are not good for clean jazzy stuff, just not as good as the 12s with that particular amp.

Definitely give it a try. If you don't need the hi gain from it, cool. It still has a wicked tuby clean that you only find with amps made to be clean.

My XXX has a very generic clean sound...The Traynor has a nice timbre and warmth wile being bright and chimy at the same time. The bright switch and eq allows for a lot of different clean tones.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

OK, that's cool. thanks man!

Comment

While I havent played one of those, Treynor stuff is built to last. I dont think they get the recognition they deserve.

Comment

Working...
            X