Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H & K Zentera Combo

Whos tried one, very tempted by one atm with the z board

I hear its on par if not better than the vetta, but not as many features e.g no two amps at once, less fx, but i hear the amp tones are great.

Love to hear good and bad things about them

Thanks

Anyone?

Comment

dude I heard it just one time during a small H&K products clinic. Sounded really good but I cannot comment on dynamics and feels, afterwards the guy that played it could have sounded great also thru a solid state practice amp. Zentera is usually high considered by lots of people though.

Comment

Killer amps, I picked one up last year and couldn't be happier with it. The feel and dynamics are, to me, easily the closest thing to a true tube rig to be had in a modeler of any sort at the moment. The effects are very few in number and there are also relatively few amp models compared to the Vetta but the sound quality and feel is exceptional.

If the ZenTera and Vetta were the same price I'd buy a Vetta because they're far more flexible, have waaaay better support, and there are lots more users around so it's far easier to ask questions. Line 6 also seems to update the Vetta farily regularly whereas the ZenTera almost seems to be the proverbial red headed stepchild of the H&K line.
        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Never heard of 'em. How do the pricing on these run?

EDIT: OH Hughes & Kettner. Dare I now ask the price?
          Last edited by CharvelRocker; 03-23-2007, 07:04 PM.

Comment

IIRC they're $3k-ish which is outrageous. I scored a scratch & dent at the MF warehouse for like 80% off. For what I paid I love it and would buy another in a heartbeat, for anything near the going rate I'd never have bothered to try one.
            Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

good lord, $3000 for a H&K, and a Solid State one at that? I'd buy an SLO100 first, but that doesnt matter as I dont have $3000 to spend on an map

Comment

Working...
              X