Intellifex and volume pedal in loop??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intellifex and volume pedal in loop??

Can I put an Intellifex and a low impedance volume pedal (Boss FV50L) in the series loop of my SLO?? I know they are both compatible with the loop but can I use them both? If so... in which order to I put them in the loop? The volume pedal will be for solo boost.

Tough one, I'd say before the Intellifex. The input signal won't be constant to the Rocktron so take care in choosing in and out levels. The Intellifex wouldn't happen to have an Expression pedal in or out would it? 'Cause that would be the best option
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Intellifex has no expression pedal out/in, and having controlled volume on one via a Continuous Controller with a MidiMate, it doesnt work quite real time enough to be cool. Sorta quirky.

Comment

Sounds like the G-Major is one of my only options.

Comment

John, the Intellifex and volume pedal will work fine. I did this with my volume pedal and a Boss VF-1.

SLO Loop out -> Intellifex -> FV-50L -> SLO Loop In
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Yeah, I was just saying controlling volume with a continous controler expression pedal through my MidiMate was quirky for some reason. I'm sure it's perfectly fine just lke Tim said.

Comment

Yeah, I wouldn't want to control the volume using the Intellifex either. You'd probably end up having to do tweaking on a per-patch basis which would be a pain.
              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

You're just looking for a volume boost? Can't you just set a patch on the intellifex with a higher volume? That's what I do for leads.

Comment

John, Tim is 100% right... reading the G-System manual cover to cover and looking at all the different possible setup diagrams scrambled up my brain. Yesterday was a long day for me too. Sorry for the disinformation.

Intellifex then FV50L = no problem
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
                    You're just looking for a volume boost? Can't you just set a patch on the intellifex with a higher volume? That's what I do for leads.
                    I agree. IMO skip the volume pedal if you're going to use an intellifex. Just set a solo boost patch that includes increased gain and go with that. It'll work just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by rstites View Post
                      I agree. IMO skip the volume pedal if you're going to use an intellifex. Just set a solo boost patch that includes increased gain and go with that. It'll work just fine.

But is there a delay in channel switching on the Intellifex?
                      Couldn't I also do that with my Digitech TSR-24?? I read the manual and I can't figure out how to do it.

Comment

Channel switching? Intellifex doesn't do channel switching like a G-Major or anything.

If you mean patches, there's no delay at all with changing patches on the Intellifix.

Just make a patch that you'd like that is good for your lead stuff (delay, reverb, chorus, etc) and have the left and right Direct outs and Effected outs 1-1.5 dB higher than a normal patch and use that for leads.

Not familiar with the Digitech tsr-24.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                          But is there a delay in channel switching on the Intellifex?
                          Couldn't I also do that with my Digitech TSR-24?? I read the manual and I can't figure out how to do it.
                          I'm sure you mean patch switching, and Cleve is correct: no delays with the Intellifex. They're instantaneous.

I've never used a TSR-24. So long as you can adjust output volume, then you can do solo boosts with any processor. I'd be suprised if you can't do it with any decent unit, but like I said...no experience with the TSR-24. I've only used the Intellifex, Replifex, G Major, and old Quadraverb with the SLO.

Comment

Working...
                          X