rack info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rack info

I have acquired a rocktron mAXE unit and a rocktron GAP-1 these are both distortion units I would guess as I know squat about rack gear.I have used a BBE 422a but thats about it.
    How are these linked together via the FX loop in the amp?Not much info online on this stuff.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

The GAP is a preamp (dunno about the other, but believe it is as well) and they wouldn't go in a "loop" other than "sometimes" you can plug guitar into one and then the outputs into the return of the amps effects loop. Depends on the amp.

Could also run amp clean and send the outs into the front end of the amp.

Used a GAP-1 before and wasn't too taken by it I remember.

Comment

I wish I could find a link that explains all this stuff.So I could run the GAP-1 thru the return FX loop side?Could I run it thru the line out?
      I'm a noob when it comes to rack stuff but I have a nack for finding this stuff CHEAP and its a shame not to know how it works and how to use it properly.
      I did go thru the return side of the loop and it did kick some serious ass tone wise but I'm sure it would sound better hooked up correctly.
      I have a Jackson G-3 100 watt head and it has two gain stages and is pretty hot all on its own.It has some major dirt.
      Last edited by straycat; 03-11-2007, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
        So I could run the GAP-1 thru the return FX loop side?
        Yes, depends on the amp, most likely though. That's what you said you did (return side of the loop) and it worked right.

Could I run it thru the line out?
        A line out on an amp, is just that, a line out. It would go to the board or a recording setup. It's not for plugging stuff into.

I did go thru the return side of the loop and it did kick some serious ass tone wise but I'm sure it would sound better hooked up correctly.
        Well, that would be what I said to do. And that way is probably hooking up just fine for your situation. That would be the best way. Some amps can't work that way because of switching jacks for the loop etc. Obviously yours works just fine that way.

I have a Jackson G-3 100 watt head and it has two gain stages and is pretty hot all on its own.It has some major dirt.
        Running that preamp into the front end may be cool, or it may be just insane gain and noisy as hell. I'll go with the latter as most likely. Sound like running it into the loop is just fine like you did. If you go through the front, try running the amps preamp gains very low and clean.

Not many places to learn all the ins and out of that stuff. I learned by doing what you are doing. And that is asking questions. Also, lots of trial and error. haha...
        Last edited by Cleveland Metal; 03-11-2007, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Thats the way I learn trial and error thanks man.

Comment

Working...
          X