TC Electronic Classic Sustain + Parametric EQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TC Electronic Classic Sustain + Parametric EQ

Since retiring the Hush II (half-rack) from my pedalboard, the only rack effect "slumming" with the pedals is my ART Tube EQ. I really love the ART, but I've learned the hard way that the front controls are vulnerable to damage from things as harmless as cables or pedals that somehow get loose from their velcro. I've broken the bypass button on one already.

TC Electronic seems to get high marks on their rack stuff, but how about their pedals? I'm looking at the Classic Sustain + Parametric EQ - http://www.tcelectronic.com/ClassicSustain.asp - and it looks like it'd be more than up to the task of replacing the ART. Problem is, that's a pretty stiff price tag. It's more expensive than anything else in my current live rig excluding guitars (Peavey Classic 60 power amp was $200, Jackson 4x12 was $200), and I'd hate to spend that kind of coin on something that will only give a marginal improvement. However, despite my best attempts to justify replacing the pedal setup with a full rack rig or head, I haven't been happy with anything I've tried yet.

Worth it?
    sigpic
Working...
X